Until very recently, every human on the planet was eating the same food that THOUSANDS of generations of their ancestors had eaten. Then, 50 or so years ago, we abandoned those traditional ways of eating in favour of highly processed foods… many of which have been damaging our bodies ever since.
Today’s podcast guest — Dr Cate Shanahan — has studied ancestral diets from around the world and identified the foods and eating patterns common to all of them. Melding this ancient wisdom with the best of modern nutritional science, she’s unlocked a way of eating that can return our bodies to optimum health and unlock our full genetic potential.
A board certified Family Physician, Dr. Cate trained in biochemistry and genetics. While practicing medicine in Hawaii, she began to study the culinary habits and eating patterns of her healthiest patients. Combining her observations with cutting edge medical research, she penned the bestselling book, Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food (named one of the best health and wellness books of 2017 by Sports Illustrated) and went on to create the nutritional program for the LA Lakers.
With high profile fans like Mark Sisson, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard, Dr Cate’s food philosophy has attracted thousands of followers around the globe. Her mission is to help people reverse metabolic disease, reshape their body, and achieve true glowing health by eating simple, delicious, real whole foods and getting rid of some silent killers.
So if you want to improve your energy, sharpen your mind, and look and feel the best you’ve ever felt… this inspiring conversation is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- Her story about how she got to where she is today (04:26)
- The silent killer in your food that way too many are consuming every day (10:19)
- What this silent killer does to your body and how to avoid it (12:10)
- The 3 C’s and 3 S’s you want to remove from your life (14:41)
- Dr Cate’s best detox tips (so good, and guaranteed to get you glowing!) (17:29)
- The essential minerals you need for optimum health (20:21)
- The only oils you want to use in your home (22:51)
- A common myth about olive oil (have you fallen for this one?) (23:23)
- Dr Cate’s hot tip for eating out at restaurants and cafes (29:27)
- The truth about dairy (38:00)
- Dr Cate shares the inside story of how the whole medical system is designed (44:03)
- Plus so much more!
Deep Nutrition by Dr. Cate Shanahan
Dr. Cate Shanahan’s Website
Spontaneous Healing by Andrew Weil
Simon Sinek’s Why Good Leaders Make You Feel Safe Ted Talk
Dr. Cate Shanahan on Instagram
Start with Why by Simon Sinek
Other books by Simon Sinek
Pete Evans on The Melissa Ambrosini Show
The Magic Pill (Documentary)
Food Matters (Documentary)
Hungry For Change (Documentary)
That Sugar Film (Documentary)
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.