Busy, anxious, stressed... For many of us, this is how we feel every single day. In fact, these feelings can become so normal, we forget there’s another way to live — even though our soul is crying out for change! Today’s podcast guest, Charlie Hoehn, knows this feeling all too well. After suffering from crippling anxiety for years, his life felt like one big ball of stress. But Charlie found a new way to live — one filled with fun, freedom and play. And today, he’s pulling back the curtains on how he got his life back… and how you can too.
Charlie Hoehn is an entrepreneur, speaker, marketer and author who’s worked side by side with heavy-hitters like Tim Ferriss, Ramit Sethi and Gary Vaynerchuk. His journey with anxiety started a few years back, when — despite being at the top of his game career-wise — he was overcome with chronic stress and worry, which left him exhausted, burnt out, in physical pain, and circling rock bottom.
Determined to end his suffering, and convinced that this was no way to live, Charlie came up with his own ‘recipe’ for a life well-lived — a formula that revolves around play, fun, and straight-up joy. He shared his system in the bestselling book, 'Play It Away: A Workaholic's Cure for Anxiety’, and has since gone on to help thousands of people around the world break free from anxiety, heal their stress naturally, and live a life they actually want to live.
He’s sharing his best strategies with us on the podcast today, so if you want to cure your stress, reclaim your joy and feel fully ALIVE again… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- His experience with debilitating anxiety, panic attacks, depression and burnout, and how he carved his own path to freedom (04:02)
- The 4 common nutrient deficiencies that amplify anxiety (11:47)
- His unusual and hilarious technique for stopping panic attacks (20:46)
- His go-to hack for alleviating anxiety (22:19)
- A step-by-step plan for healing anxiety without drugs (23:02)
- How to decode your triggers (and how to remove the emotional charge around them) (26:07)
- Stressing out? Use this powerful technique to turn your worries into background noise (35:08)
- How to rediscover your sense of play as a adult (and how to experience true joy without any guilt) (40:12)
- What play is to him (45:38)
- Want more love in your life? Try this super effective (and so easy) technique (01:05:29)
- Plus so much more!
Charlie Hoehn’s Website
Play It Away by Charlie Hoehn
Play for a Living by Charlie Hoehn
Natural Calm Supplement
Play by Stuart Brown
Free to Learn by Peter Gray
Author Hour With Charlie Hoehn (Podcast)
Charlie Hoehn on Instagram
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I am honored that you are here and would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (I read every single one). And if you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and on your social channels. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a soul sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show, please email email@example.com for more details.