Busy, anxious, stressed… For many of us, this is how we feel every single day. In fact, these feelings can become so normal, we forget there’s another way to live — even though our soul is crying out for change! Today’s podcast guest, Charlie Hoehn, knows this feeling all too well. After suffering from crippling anxiety for years, his life felt like one big ball of stress. But Charlie found a new way to live — one filled with fun, freedom and play. And today, he’s pulling back the curtains on how he got his life back… and how you can too.
Charlie Hoehn is an entrepreneur, speaker, marketer and author who’s worked side by side with heavy-hitters like Tim Ferriss, Ramit Sethi and Gary Vaynerchuk. His journey with anxiety started a few years back, when — despite being at the top of his game career-wise — he was overcome with chronic stress and worry, which left him exhausted, burnt out, in physical pain, and circling rock bottom.
Determined to end his suffering, and convinced that this was no way to live, Charlie came up with his own ‘recipe’ for a life well-lived — a formula that revolves around play, fun, and straight-up joy. He shared his system in the bestselling book, ‘Play It Away: A Workaholic’s Cure for Anxiety’, and has since gone on to help thousands of people around the world break free from anxiety, heal their stress naturally, and live a life they actually want to live.
He’s sharing his best strategies with us on the podcast today, so if you want to cure your stress, reclaim your joy and feel fully ALIVE again… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- His experience with debilitating anxiety, panic attacks, depression and burnout, and how he carved his own path to freedom (04:02)
- The 4 common nutrient deficiencies that amplify anxiety (11:47)
- His unusual and hilarious technique for stopping panic attacks (20:46)
- His go-to hack for alleviating anxiety (22:19)
- A step-by-step plan for healing anxiety without drugs (23:02)
- How to decode your triggers (and how to remove the emotional charge around them) (26:07)
- Stressing out? Use this powerful technique to turn your worries into background noise (35:08)
- How to rediscover your sense of play as a adult (and how to experience true joy without any guilt) (40:12)
- What play is to him (45:38)
- Want more love in your life? Try this super effective (and so easy) technique (01:05:29)
- Plus so much more!
- Charlie Hoehn’s Website (website)
- Play It Away by Charlie Hoehn (Amazon)
- Play for a Living by Charlie Hoehn (Amazon)
- Natural Calm Supplement (Amazon)
- Play by Stuart Brown (Amazon)
- Free to Learn by Peter Gray (Amazon)
- Author Hour With Charlie Hoehn (podcast)
- Charlie Hoehn on Instagram (Instagram)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.