Most people know that their skin is an organ — the body’s largest, in fact. And more people are becoming aware of just how much their skin absorbs (hint: everything you put on it!). But did you know that there’s a full-blown ecosystem of tiny bacteria that live on your skin too?
Healthy skin is meant to have a flourishing microbiome. But because most beauty and personal care products are full of toxic chemicals, not only are we upsetting the delicate pH balance of our epidermis (and wreaking havoc inside our bodies at the same time), we’re also decimating our skin’s natural bacterial colonies… which can have major health ramifications, and make it impossible to get the clear, dewy skin we all crave.
That’s why Jasmina Aganovic and the team at Mother Dirt have created the first ever ‘biome-friendly’ product line that proactively restores and preserves the good bacteria naturally found on our skin.
All Mother Dirt products are preservative-free, kid safe and allow consumers to choose products that don’t negatively impact the natural state of their skin or the planet.
If you want answers to your skin issues (and want to find out how to get sexy, glowing, flawless skin) this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- What common skin issues such as eczema, acne, dry and flaky skin, sensitivity, blotchiness, roughness, oiliness, and body odor really mean and how you can prevent them (03:59)
- The true impact that toxic beauty and skin products are having on your health and why you need to ditch them (05:34)
- Why your skin microbiome is just as important as your gut microbiome and how you can preserve it for glowing skin (07:31)
- Why being too clean may being doing you more harm than good (11:24)
- What ‘ammonia oxidising bacteria’ (aka AOB’s) are and why they are so important for sexy skin (12:44)
- Why we should be mindful of what we’re putting in our body (14:41)
- Why sweating is important (30:14)
- How you can spend less time and money on beauty and skin products and still have sexy skin (32:58)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening to this week's episode. I am so honored that you are here! I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave me a comment below (I read EVERY single comment). If you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and/or on your socials. You can also leave a review in iTunes... the more reviews, the better the interviews I can get for you.
P.S. You should always consult a health practitioner before starting any new health practice. Okay beautiful?
P.P.S. If you looking for an effective avenue for marketing your business or product and are interested in being a main sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.