Now more than ever, we’re seeking answers. We’re hungry for truth. Our souls and spirits are craving more — more meaning, more connection, more awakening…
So in this podcast, we’re doing something radical: we’re rewinding the clock.
Because today’s guests, Gregory Martin and Jihii Jolly, have a powerful message. They say that the knowledge, answers and peace we seek — along with real solutions to real-life problems — can be found not by turning to the newest tech or the latest trendy healing modality… but by tapping into 3,000 years of Buddhist wisdom.
If you’ve been aching for a divinely simple way to steer your life towards what REALLY matters and uncover the REAL you, then you’re going to love this hugely inspiring episode about finding miracles, inner peace, and full-blown transformation in the most unexpected of places.
Gregory Martin is co-author of the best-selling book, The Buddha in Your Mirror: Practical Buddhism and the Search for Self, which has been translated into 5 languages with some 500,000 copies in print. He is also the former publisher and spokesperson for SGI President Daisaku Ikeda’s Unlocking the Mysteries of Birth and Death. Retired former vice president of publishing and study for SGI-USA Buddhist organization, he is also a professor in the SGI Nichiren Buddhist tradition, lecturing and writing for much of his 50 years of practice. Greg holds a BS degree in Environmental Science from Rutgers University. He is married, a father of two and grandfather of two, and lives in Aliso Viejo, California.
Jihii Jolly hosts the popular podcasts Buddhability and Buddhist Solutions for Life’s Problems, both of which unpack practical Buddhist insights through the stories of practitioners from her own community of SGI Nichiren Buddhists across the U.S. A multimedia journalist and graduate of the Columbia Journalism School, her work focuses on media, culture and religion. Her writing has appeared in The Atlantic, The New York Times, Tricycle, and Pacific Standard among others. She was born in India, raised in New York, and currently lives in NYC with her husband.
So, sweet friend, if you want to discover the miracle-making chant that works for everyone (whether they believe in it or not!), if you want to learn why changing the world starts with changing yourself, and if you want to discover practical steps to develop your inner ‘Buddhability’, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- The powerful mantra that puts you in complete alignment with the Universe and helps you call in miracles (02:57)
- Think that chanting is just for monks? Hear the amazing ways that chanting can transform your life (11:04)
- How Buddhism can ignite the path for human evolution and enlightenment (15:03)
- Jihii’s incredible journey of transformation (and the unexpected way that chanting helped her create massive change in her life) (22:27)
- The step-by-step guide on how to chant (and how to avoid the common mistakes that so many people make when starting out) (27:53)
- Why Greg’s relationships with himself underwent a massive overhaul (and how you can rewrite your relationship with yourself too) (32:53)
- How discovering what you’re truly capable of can unleash your hidden superpowers (38:56)
- Why cultivating creativity and flexibility is essential for life on planet earth (45:53)
- The inner work they are both doing right now to be the best version of themselves (and how Buddhism is helping them along the way) (51:14)
- Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- The Buddha in Your Mirror by Greg Martin (book)
- Jihii Jolly (website)
- Buddhability (podcast)
- Buddhability (website)
- Spirit Babies by Walter Makichen (book)
- Discussions on Youth by Daisaku Ikeda (book)
- Unlocking the Mysteries of Birth & Death by Daisaku Ikeda (book)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.