What if we didn’t need harsh diets or crazy exercise regimes to change the shape of our body? What if instead, all we need is to reclaim our self-worth? That’s the message of today’s podcast guest, Dana James — triple certified nutritionist, functional medicine practitioner and cognitive behavioral therapist… and BOY will her insights blow your mind.
Dana’s approach to women’s weight loss is revolutionary: instead of restrictive eating plans and hardcore gym programs, she helps her clients achieve their ideal body shape by putting self-worth at the centre of the conversation. It’s this uncommon approach — combining psychology with nutrition (or “food with feelings”!) — that has seen her transform the bodies (and lives) of more than three thousand women, and that’s made her a sought after health expert for media outlets like The New York Times, ELLE, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, MindBodyGreen, Good Morning America and The Today Show.
The thing I love most about Dana’s work is her emphasis on becoming attuned to your individual body archetype. By decoding your unique body chemistry, Dana says women can reprogram their hormonal patterns and take control of their health and vitality — allowing them to release stored fat, get leaner and stronger, and feel more like themselves than ever before…
So if you want to discover how to combat emotional eating, how to stop sabotaging your health goals, and how to become the happiest, healthiest, most magnetic version of yourself… then this inspiring conversation is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Her story — from working in finance… to chakras, functional medicine, nutrition and cognitive therapy (06:22)
- What is an archetype? (07:46)
- The 4 female archetypes (and how knowing yours can change your life) (07:59)
- How and why she created The Archetype Diet (11:16)
- How to discover your own archetype (14:10)
- How the 4 archetypes compare to the Ayurvedic doshas (15:33)
- The best foods for each archetype (18:24)
- How to know if you have adrenal fatigue (31:48)
- The surprising thing she attributes her success to (43:03)
- Why your breath could be the missing piece of your health puzzle (49:30)
- Why breath and lifestyle are so important in order to thrive (49:50)
- What is ‘rolfing’ and why you want to give it a try (58:29)
- Plus so much more!
- The Archetype Diet by Dana James (Amazon)
- Female Archetype Quiz (website)
- Dana James on Highest Self Podcast with Sahara Rose (podcast episode)
- Dr. Stephen Cabral (website)
- Vegan Done Right For Your Body Type With Dr Stephen Cabral (podcast episode)
- Awakening Shakti by Sally Kempton (Amazon)
- Rachel Felson (website)
- Rolfing (website)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Organifi which is a superior organic, all natural, vegan, superfood blend refined and clinically tested and time proven. As most of you know I travel a lot, but my health is one of my top priorities and something I am so passionate about and will never skimp on, which is why when I travel I carry my little Organifi green juice sashes with me so no matter where I am in the world I can always start my day with delicious, alkalizing, nourishing greens. Which is great because no matter what happens after that I have at least started my day loaded with green goodness. And the best part is they don’t just do greens, they have red juices, gold turmeric blends, clean protein powders, probiotic blends and more. And if you want to get 20% off anything store wide all you have to do is head to organifishop.com (which I will link to in the show notes just in case you’re driving) and type MATRIBE at the checkout to get your 20% off everything in your cart. How epic is that!