(Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart or TuneIn)
Ever looked at your partner and wondered if they’re from a different planet?!
If you’re nodding a big HELL YEAH right now, you’re not alone! The differences between partners can be a huge source of tension and discord… but they can also be a powerful source of connection and intimacy.
To dive deeper into this crucial topic, we’re revisiting our most popular episode EVER — my inspiring, eye-opening, heart-expanding conversation with bestselling author John Gray.
If you haven’t heard this one before, you’re in for a treat. And if you did listen way back when it was released, get ready to have your mind blown all over again, as John helps us decipher the differences between the sexes so that we can better understand our partner, make our polarities work for us (not against us), and create a more conscious and thriving relationship.
So if you want to depend your understanding of the masculine and feminine, unlock the secrets of your partner’s brain, and create a genuinely rocking relationship, this episode is for you. (Oh, and you’re gonna want to send the link to this episode to your partner! @ThankMeLater)
About John Gray
John is the author of the most well-known relationship book of all time, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus. USA Today listed his book as one of the top 10 most influential books of the last quarter-century. In hardcover, it was the #1 bestselling book of the 1990s and continues to be a bestseller to this day. John helps men and women better understand and respect their differences in all kinds of relationships (including same-sex ones), and in both personal and professional settings. His approach is holistic, combining specific communication techniques with healthy nutritional choices that create the brain and body chemistry required for lasting health, happiness and romance… and WOW does he drop some romantic wisdom in this conversation!
In this episode we chat about:
- His meditation practice and how it led him to become a top relationships counselor (4:33)
- How our lack of understanding towards men or women can impact our health and happiness (7:40)
- The real difference between masculine and feminine energy, and how to hold space for each (10:41)
- How to find balance between your masculine and feminine energy (14:27)
- How these principles apply to same-sex couples (26:42)
- Love-making: is it really that important in a relationship? And how often should we being doing it (33:20)
- Why couples often stop having sex after getting married (35:18)
- Why men need to be fulfilled sexually and how testosterone levels affect their mood (41:44)
- How estrogen drives sexual desire in women (44:15)
- How to be disciplined in sex and achieve multiple orgasms (57:17)
P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.
P.P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
OMG this is the best explanation of how hormones affect us and how to build them up. So true that if women don’t desire sex it’s because it’s not that great! If I was made love to in the way John Gray describes it, I would totally be wanting it all day and all night. However, I am willing to settle for a mind-blowing weekly scheduled date night. 😉 I will definitely be sharing this with my partner. Looking forward to a less boring sex life.
You’re amazing honey. I am so excited for you to share this with your partner and for the magic to unfold. Have fun angel. xx