How do you deal with grief?
Whether it’s due to the loss of a loved one, the end of a relationship, or some other heart-shattering event, there’s one thing for certain: grief can be one of the most consuming, confusing and painful emotions us humans experience.
It’s also one that we, as a culture, don’t talk about very often…
So in this solo episode, I’m diving in. I’m bringing you a deeply personal, intimate and (hopefully) helpful conversation about grief, growth, and getting through — no matter what kind of loss you’ve experienced.
“Grief is simply love in its most wild and painful form,” says the writer Megan Devine. And I agree…
So if you want to hear my personal account of love and loss and how I survived one of the hardest times of my life, along with practical tips, how to deal with PTSD, genius ways to support other people who are grieving, a discussion on how grief impacts our physical health (and what you can do about it), as well as a guide to opening yourself up to post-traumatic growth (which can be a beautiful way to honour the passing or end of a relationship), then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Why there’s no “right” way to grieve, and my own deeply personal experiences with grief (02:04)
- Why feeling your feelings is crucial to allow grief to move through you (and *exactly* how to do it) (06:36)
- The simple mantra that can give you hope (and the daily practice that helped me process my own grief) (09:07)
- Is there an ideal amount of time to let yourself grieve? (12:04)
- How grief affects our physical body and health, and some simple but powerful antidotes to counter these effects (16:13)
- How to ask for help (even if you’re afraid to let people in) (19:23)
- Navigating anniversaries and special days after loss (25:14)
- 4 powerful things you can do to support someone who’s grieving (26:31)
- Transforming grief into post-traumatic growth, and finding hope in amongst the sadness (30:09)
- Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (amazon)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini (amazon)
- Loco Love Chocolate (website)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.