When your child won’t sleep, it can be brutal for the entire family.
Enter today’s guest, Dr Daniel Golshevsky (a.k.a. Dr Golly), a paediatrician, father of three, and genius baby sleep whisperer.
Dr Golly has a cult-like following of new parents who were once desperately tired and sleep deprived, but who are now well-rested with a new lease on life, thanks to his signature baby soothing and sleep routines. With a focus on empowering parents, listening to babies, and protecting mothers, Dr Golly’s gentle, respectful techniques have been used and loved by thousands of families across the globe. And in this must-listen episode, he’s revealing the expert secrets that have made him one of the most sought-after paediatricians — from how to get your baby to sleep, to how to help them thrive, to empowering yourself as a parent.
Specialising in unsettled babies and poor sleep, Dr Golly (Bachelor of Medicine, and Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians) developed his programs through his work with thousands of babies over more than a decade of practice. His focus is on helping parents maximise their understanding of their baby’s cues, tune into (and trust) their parental instincts, and bring everyone closer to a full night’s sleep.
So if you want to crack the code of supportive, sustained baby sleep; learn how to understand the secret language of babies, plan your ideal postpartum recovery period, and discover the genius techniques that can completely eliminate witching hour FOREVER (yep!), then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- How an unsettled baby led him on a wild journey to discover the secrets of infant and child sleep (02:39)
- The skills you absolutely need in your toolbox before your baby arrives (07:49)
- How to completely eradicate the dreaded witching hour (This tip alone can be life changing for all parents!) (11:14)
- Deciphering your baby’s “magic burp” and how this knowledge has the power to completely transform your day and night (21:46)
- When can babies burp themselves? (26:49)
- Essential strategies for your postpartum period to ensure bonding and recovery (31:49)
- Genius techniques for settling and resettling your baby to ensure your whole family is getting a blissful sleep (36:24)
- The common traps that tired parents fall into and the best way to avoid them (44:28)
- The crucial signs to look out for to know when your baby is ready for solids and Dr Golly’s step-by-step roadmap to test for allergies (55:39)
- Everything you never knew you needed to know about baby poo! (Including the sneaky signs to stay alert for, and what a great poo looks like!) (1:06:41)
- Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Dr Golly (website)
- Dr Golly (Instagram)
- Big Baby 4-8 Months Program: Use the code MELISSA for a discount on all Dr Golly’s programs (buy)
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry (Amazon)
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts (Amazon)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.