We’re back for Part Two of our conversation on cultivating epic friendships!
Continuing on from last episode, I’m joined by my real life soul sisters, Sally Jane Douglas and Tamsyn Neill.
In Part Two of this intimate, insightful conversation, we’re delving into some of the more tricky and uncomfortable aspects of friendships that are often not talked about, and that can sometimes trip us up, impact our connections, and even cause us pain.
Tune in to hear how we make time for our friends even when life gets full, why you’ll never catch us ‘ghosting’ anyone, how to close out a friendship loop when your relationship has run its course, the easiest way to stay in touch with old friends, the red flags that may signal you’re in an unhealthy friendship, how to accept that a lifelong friendship is over, how to break up with a friend in a way that honours and respects your shared history, the surprising skill that’s CRUCIAL for meaningful relationships, and what to do when a friend always says they want to catch up… but never do.
Just like last week’s episode, this conversation is the next best thing to being on a real life juice-date with the three of us. It’s raw, it’s unfiltered, it’s filled with so much love… I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed recording it for you.
About Sally Jane Douglas
Sally is a Women’s Empowerment Mentor and Feminine Embodiment Coach with over 15 years of experience working with and supporting women.
She is deeply committed to empowering women to develop the inner confidence and self trust to overcome self doubt and second guessing that keeps them feeling stuck and disconnected from themselves.
Sally compassionately guides women to reconnect with themselves and align with their truth so they can live their fullest potential and flourish in all areas of their lives.
About Tamsyn Neill
Tamsyn is a plant based recipe developer, mental health advocate, health and wellness educator, and lover of all things ethical, sustainable, and natural living.
Tamsyn guides and supports others in transitioning to a more connected lifestyle, powered by plants and nature, through her brand wellness Salty Peaches.
Her work is deeply rooted in creating ways to embrace an abundant life, glowing health, and sustainable way of being, by sharing delicious recipes, tips, and tools, that have supported her throughout her journey to vibrant health and happiness.
In this episode we chat about:
- How to prioritise and nurture friendships when your schedule is full (3:15)
- Our secrets for keeping long distance friendships strong and healthy (and the best way to catch up with old friends) (07:28)
- Being courageous about having uncomfortable conversations (and why this is a crucial skill for meaningful friendships) (13:51)
- Finding the right balance between taking care of your own needs versus honouring your friend’s needs (26:12)
- The best way ask for more support from your friends (and creative ways to support them and shower them in love) (30:43)
- Why you’ll never find us ghosting anyone, and why we prefer to close out a friendship loop openly and honestly (37:43)
- Struggling with friends who say they want to see you but never do? The value of recognizing when a friendship has run its course (46:17)
- The easiest way to accept that a lifelong friendship is over (and how to navigate your own feelings of grief, sadness, loneliness and abandonment) (59:20)
- How to break up with a friend in a way that honours and respects your history (01:07:23)
- How To Break Up With Your Friends by Erin Falconer (book)
- Do Less But Achieve More With Erin Falconer (podcast)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.