What if birth wasn’t an ordeal from which women needed to be “delivered”?
What if instead, birth could be a spiritual experience; a journey that was transformational, transcendent, and even ecstatic?
To delve into these questions, I’m joined by the remarkable Yolande Norris-Clark.
Better known as ‘Bauhaus Wife’ on social media, Yolande is a radical birth liberation activist who’s supported thousands of women to have the physiologic birth of their dreams. She’s also birthed all nine of her own children at home, culminating in an orgasmic birth with her ninth baby — something which I was incredibly keen to pick her brains about!
In this awe-inspiring conversation, we delve deep into Yolande’s personal story — including what it’s *really* like to birth nine babies at home, how she experienced intensity during her first eight births, and what finally changed for her ninth birth that allowed her to have a pain-free, orgasmic experience.
We also dig into the stuff that every woman needs to know about birth — like understanding the layers of social conditioning we’ve been subjected to, why you don’t need to be ‘special’ to have a pain-free or orgasmic birth, why birth is our spiritual inheritance, and how to tap into your own potential to have a blissful and orgasmic birth.
This conversation blew my heart and mind wide open, and I’m so excited for you to hear it. Whether you’ve journeyed through birth yourself, plan to in the future, or you’re just seeking a deeper appreciation for this profound rite of passage, then press play now… this one’s for you.
About Yolande Norris-Clark
Yolande Norris-Clark was born in Vancouver, BC, in 1981, and is a leader in the freebirth, birth-freedom, self-healing, and health liberation movements. She is a spell-breaker, way-shower, whistle-blower, trailblazer, and beloved guide to women all over the world who are awakening to the possibility of giving birth in peace and power. A mother of almost 10, Yolande has given birth to all of her children at home. For over twenty years she has been immersed in the world of holistic, physiological birth, supporting thousands of mothers and families virtually as a birth consultant, and in-person as a homebirth witness, as well as through her online programs and writing.
In this episode we chat about:
- Free-birthing 101 — what it is, who it’s for, and how it differs from other birthing methods (2:59)
- Her incredible experience birthing her children at home (including the surprising obstacles she had to overcome along the way) (4:38)
- Do you have to be confident in order to have a free-birth? (7:52)
- The huge difference between her first eight births and her ninth one, and how she unraveled everything she thought she knew about birth (11:22)
- Busting myths and misconceptions around birth, home births, and free-birthing (19:24)
- Her journey to have a tenth child in her forties and how she’s approaching her upcoming birth (26:07)
- Are there situations where free-birthing isn’t suitable? (30:33)
- What it’s *really* like to have an orgasmic birth (34:07)
- How to tap into your own potential to have an orgasmic, pain-free birth (43:08)
- The #1 book she wishes was in every single highschool around the globe (47:42)
- Wholy Mama (online course)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Comparisonitis by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
- Time Magic by Melissa Ambrosini and Nick Broadhurst (book)
- Portal: The Art of Choosing Orgasmic, Pain-Free, Blissful Birth by Yolande Norris-Clark (book)
- Healing Sexual Trauma, Mindful Pregnancy And Orgasmic Childbirth With Debra Pascali-Bonaro (podcast)
- Reality Transurfing: Steps I-V by Vadim Zeland (book)
- Yolande Norris-Clark (Instagram)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
P.P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.