Empowering, life changing, ecstatic… not words you’d usually use to describe childbirth, right? Well, after listening to today’s podcast guest, Debra Pascali-Bonaro, I’m betting you’re going to be changing the way you look at, talk about, and conceptualise this sacred right of passage. Because as Debra’s work shows, it IS possible to have a childbirth that’s filled with love, bliss, dignity… and even orgasm!
Debra Pascali Bonaro is a pioneer in reminding humanity that birth can be full of pleasure and delight. She has trained thousands of doulas and birth professionals around the world in the practices of gentle birth support, and her work has been featured in places like The Today Show, The New York Times, The LA Times, The UK Times, as well as numerous Parenting and Health Magazines around the world. She’s also the creator and director of Orgasmic Birth, a documentary that examines the intimate and miraculous nature of birth.
Debra’s insights have massive implications for ALL women — not just those who are pregnant, or planning on having babies soon. So if you want to learn how to unlock your power as a woman, reframe your perception of childbirth, and tap into the magic of this sacred rite of passage, this episode is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- Her journey from hearing her nonna and great nonna’s birthing stories, to becoming an orgasmic childbirth educator and expert in empowering women to take back their birth (04:21)
- How you can have a gentle and orgasmic birth (yes, it IS possible) (14:37)
- Why you must have a love affair with desire and pleasure every single day, and what this can do for your birth (15:43)
- Why you always want to be mindful of your dialogue — but even more so around birth and pregnancy (18:34)
- How to literally dance our babies out into the world (love this SO much!) (21:25)
- Why love and respect are essential when you’re bringing a baby into the world (29:12)
- Why sexuality during childbirth is so important (32:43)
- The power of healing sexual trauma (36:03)
- Plus so much more!
- Orgasmic Birth Movie: The Best-Kept Secret (Amazon)
- Orgasmic Birth by Debra Pascali-Bonaro (Amazon)
- Pain to Power Online Childbirth Course (website)
- Dr Sarah Buckley on The Melissa Ambrosini Show (podcast episode)
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin (Amazon)
- Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Sarah Buckley (Amazon)
- Free gift from Debra for the MA Tribe (website)
- Debra’s Sex After Baby Signature Class (website)
- Debra’s 9 Steps to More Love after Having a Baby Free Webinar Replay (Vimeo)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.