Most of us wear a LOT of hats in our life. For me, my hats include mama, wife, CEO… and that’s just for starters!
Doing the dance between those roles can be a LOT. (It’s often called a “juggle” for a reason — it can feel like you’ve got a heap of balls in the air, and if you drop one, it might just shatter.)
Though there’s a lot of talk in our culture about “work-life balance”, we don’t often get to *see* the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes into navigating all the different areas of life. (I also don’t even love the word ‘balance’ in this context, because very often, it’s *not* balanced, and that’s okay!)
So in this episode, I’m getting super real and raw with you, to share how I personally navigated the dance between my roles as mama and CEO during a particularly challenging time.
To give you a brief rundown: Nick was away, my daughter got sick, then I got sick too. On top of that, there was a lot going on in my business as well. All up, it was BIG, and hard which needed a lot of surrender, leaning on my village, and feeling my way through it all.
Of course, this sort of roller coaster time isn’t unique; SO many women go through similar experiences all the time (and single parents, I bow down to you, you are absolute rockstars!).
So I’m sharing this not because my situation was all that unusual, but because there can be so much value in admitting when things are hard, in sharing the reality of life in the trenches, and in showing that everyone struggles sometimes.
So here is an unvarnished, honest look at my dance between work-life and mama-life during a recent hard time. If you’re in the thick of a tough season or simply want to be prepared for when life throws you a curveball, this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- A rundown on my rollercoaster period (0:55)
- Why it’s essential to have support systems when you’re a mama (4:02)
- Getting real and honest about the realities of the work-life dance (5:53)
- How the expectations we place on ourselves can hold us back (10:14)
- The art of leaning on your village and asking for and receiving help without the guilt (13:08)
- How I let me team support me in my business (17:13)
- Getting comfortable with disappointing others in order to choose yourself and your family (17:46)
- The game-changing mantra that ran through my mind on repeat! (20:58)
- How to find time for self-care when life feels really full on (24:55)
- Wholy Mama (Join here)
- Wholy Mama Journal (Get It)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl (Book)
- Open Wide (Book)
- Comparisonitis (Book)
- Time Magic (Book)
- Why You Need To Be More Full Of Yourself with Glennon Doyle (Podcast)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
P.P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.