Do you strive to be “good”? Do you pour your energy into making other people happy? And how’s that working out for you?! Today’s podcast guest, the inimitable Glennon Doyle, says that all this striving is leaving us feeling weary, stuck, overwhelmed, and underwhelmed… not exactly a recipe for a fulfilling life! In this epic conversation (that may truly be my favourite episode yet), she’s sharing what it means to live life untamed, so that we can step outside the cages we’ve built for ourselves and finally experience true freedom. And let me tell you, she’s going to blow your mind...
Glennon is the author of #1 New York Times bestsellers Untamed (a Reese’s Book Club selection) and Love Warrior (an Oprah’s Book Club selection), as well as the New York Times bestseller Carry On, Warrior. She is also an activist and thought leader, the founder and president of Together Rising, an all-women led nonprofit organization that has revolutionized grassroots philanthropy – raising over $25 Million for women, families, and children in crisis, and lives in Florida with her wife Abby and three children.
Glennon is one of my favourite authors on the planet. She has an uncanny ability to put into words those feelings that we’ve all experienced... but not known how to articulate, or not wanted to admit. In this conversation, she slices through so much of the BS that we — as a society — have bought into, and deftly delivers truth bombs and suckerpunches to the soul, that will have you nodding your head in recognition… and maybe even shedding tears of relief.
So if you want to learn how to liberate your soul and set yourself free, how to (finally) stop striving to meet others’ expectations, and how to start trusting the voice deep within, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- What it means to unleash your wildest instincts, step out of your cage, and become untamed (06:12)
- What FINALLY helped her to stop people pleasing… and start truly living (13:37)
- Can you really “have it all”, even if the patriarchy and society tell you that it’s not possible? (Love her insights here so much!) (18:19)
- Why we all need to be more “full” of ourselves (23:50)
- The secret to life (which so many people overlook, yet which can transform EVERYTHING about how you feel each day) (27:38)
- What to do when you’re facing hard times — and her extraordinary method for moving through them and finding the gold (31:39)
- Stuck in a cycle of comparison? Here’s how to climb out of it (plus: her secret for using social media in a way that doesn’t kill your soul) (36:46)
- Glennon’s juicy tips for writers and an insight into her creative process (that’s produced 3 New York Times best sellers) (42:59)
- Her experience of building a blended family and the secrets of successful step parenting (49:50)
- Plus so much more!
Follow Glennon on Instagram
Untamed by Glennon Doyle
Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle
Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Doyle
I’m Still Here by Austin Channing Brown
Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.