Why are humans so captivated by stories?
How come high performers across ALL industries focus on building three specific skills: communicating, storytelling, and selling?
And how can we harness the power of storytelling in our own life, whether that’s to boost our business, get a promotion, build a social media following, get more conversions, or just be a great conversationalist?
To answer these crucial questions I’m joined by Colin Boyd — an acclaimed coach who’s been sought out by some of the world’s top entrepreneurs and creatives (think: Amy Porterfield, Jenna Kutcher and so many more!) to refine their skills in speaking, storytelling, and selling.
In this fascinating conversation, we dig into Colin’s journey to becoming the go-to coach for top performers, debunk the myth that “selling is sleazy”, decode what makes a great story (and why it’s such a powerful tool to build connection and make conversions), and learn how ANYONE can start telling better stories — even if right now, you don’t think you *have* any stories, or you’re worried your stories aren’t interesting enough.
We also delve into the subject of confidence, breaking down the barriers that prevent many of us from expressing ourselves effectively.
This conversation is packed with practical advice, compelling examples, and the tools you need to evolve as a communicator, storyteller, and seller. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a creative professional, a content creator, or simply someone looking to improve your communication skills, this conversation with Colin Boyd is stacked with priceless insider info that you simply cannot afford to miss.
So if you’re ready to unlock the power of storytelling and authentic selling, and become a magnet of charismatic connection, then press play now… this one’s for you!
About Colin Boyd
Colin is your go-to guy when you want your virtual and live presentation to get clients, not just claps. He’s advised the biggest names in the industry to speak and sell from both virtual and live stages including Amy Porterfield, Rick Mulready, Julie Solomon, Carrie Green, and hundreds of other entrepreneurs worldwide.
Colin is a Certified Speaking Professional, who has been on the professional speaking circuit for over a decade. He’s best known for his signature program called Sell From Stage Academy® which helps coaches and course creators turn every presentation into a money-making machine. He lives in Newport Beach, California, with his amazing wife and two little kids.
In this episode we chat about:
- From ordinary beginnings to coaching the biggest names in business (3:36)
- Unraveling the mystery: Why do people often resist the art of selling? (8:21)
- Where to start on your journey to become a master storyteller (11:24)
- The secret sauce: Key ingredients for crafting a compelling conversion story (13:51)
- Got a ‘been-there-heard-that’ story? Here’s what to say when you think your story has already been told a million times (21:54)
- Doubt your own storytelling abilities? Here’s your blueprint to get started (24:57)
- Tried-and-tested tips from the world’s best storytellers (29:01)
- Strategies for co-creating a riveting story with someone else (37:25)
- Unearth the secrets of learning, flexing, and developing unshakeable confidence (41:34)
- Unlock your persuasive power with The Conversion Story Formula: An exclusive sneak peek into Colin’s signature program (45:08)
- Your next must-read: Colin’s top book recommendation for unbridled success (50:27)
- Discover Your “Conversion Story” (Here)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl (Book)
- Open Wide (Book)
- Comparisonitis (Book)
- Time Magic (Book)
- You Can Heal Your Life (Book)
- The conversion story (Website)
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! (Book)
- Wealthfront (Website)
- The Science of Getting Rich (Book)
- The Breakthrough Experience: A Revolutionary New Approach to Personal Transformation (Book)
- The 7 Secret Treasures: A Transformational Blueprint for a Well-Lived Life (Book)
- The Resilient Mind: Conquer Your Fears, Channel Your Anxiety and Bounce Back Stronger (Book)
- How to Make One Hell of a Profit and Still Get to Heaven (Book)
- The Productivity Factor: How to Accomplish Twice as Much in Half the Time (Book)
- Life Force: How New Breakthroughs in Precision Medicine Can Transform the Quality of Your Life & Those You Love (Book)
- Money: Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom (Book)
- Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook (Book)
- Unlimited Power (Book)
- Colin’s Instagram (Instagram)
- Expert Edge (Podcast)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
P.P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.