Have you ever wanted to write a book?
The process of writing and publishing is something I get asked about a LOT, so today I thought I’d pull back the curtains on what it *really* takes to get that big beautiful book idea out of your head, onto paper, and out into the world.
Tune into this episode to learn why creativity is NOT a linear process, how to deal with Imposter Syndrome, why self-care can make or break your writing journey, why it takes a village to bring a book to life, how to make peace with the creative process, and the single best piece of writing advice I’ve ever heard.
You’ll walk away with a heap of highly actionable tips, tricks, and suggestions that you can use in your own writing projects, or when you’re making ANY sort of art — whether it’s music, painting, whatever.
So if you’re in need of a massive dose of creative inspiration (and some awesome behind-the-scenes insights) then press play now… this one’s for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- Shedding light on the less talked about aspects of writing a book (1:43)
- How to go the distance without burning out (3:13)
- Breaking down the team of professionals who help bring a book to life (5:28)
- Impostor Syndrome: what it is, how to deal with it, and why it’s so much more common than you think! (6:51)
- Understanding the ebbs and flows of creative energy, and how to make them work for you (10:06)
- The truth about the emotional journey of writing a book (12:31)
- Clever ways to fill your creative tank and practice exquisite self-care (14:43)
- The #1 best piece of writing advice that I’ve ever been given (15:50)
- Why it’s totally okay if your first draft isn’t that great! (18:19)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl (Book)
- Open Wide (Book)
- Comparisonitis (Book)
- Time Magic (Book)
- PurposeFULL (Audible)
- On Writing: A Memoir Of The Craft (Book)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.
P.P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.