I’ve shared in-depth in this post all about how powerful morning & night routines are, why they are so important and exactly how you can create one of your own. And I’ve shared here on the podcast and here about my personal routine. But I was recently asked in an interview to share an updated morning routine since having Bambi, so here it is my friend…
- I let my body wake naturally when it wants to, which is usually between 4:30/5am. Whilst I am waking up and sliding from unconscious to conscious, I will say 3 things I’m grateful for. I will sometimes lay there for a while longer and do my Vedic mantra. After that, I will do a visualisation where I imagine covering Bambi in white protection light, then flooding her body with white healing light and balancing all her chakras.
- I then go to the bathroom, scrape my tongue (which is an ayurvedic detox practice), brush my teeth and wash my face.
- Then I hydrate with a glass of warm water and sometimes take a probiotic.
- I then meditate for 20 minutes, doing a Vedic practice. I’ve done this since 2013.
- After my meditation, I will say a prayer, ask for guidance, surrender everything over to the higher power, and ask Source to use me as a vehicle for love today.
- I sometimes write in my journal or read a few pages of an inspiring text.
- I read my goals.
- I work out 3 mornings a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). I work out at home with a program from my personal trainer. I used to love going to classes but since having Bambi, I love the convenience of working out from home. In the mornings I don’t work out I may do some foam rolling or go for a walk.
- I then shower and get ready for the day.
- At 7am, my day with Bambi begins. I wake her up with a beautiful song I made up for her and I sing this same song every morning. Then she has a big breastfeeding, and I get her dressed for the day.
- We play and have a morning dance in the kitchen, we read books and spend time together.
- At 7:45am/8am-ish we eat breakfast together — usually with papa too.
- We brush our teeth together after breakfast. It’s really important your kids see you doing the things you want them to do.
- Then at 8:30am, she goes with her nanny and I do some work.
This is what I am currently doing, but it will change — and that’s ok. Be flexible. Let your morning routine evolve, but most importantly, take the time to create a sacred morning routine that lights you up.
Now let’s chat about night-time routines…
- I’m in mama mode right up until 5pm, which is when we have dinner. Dinner has usually been prepped (or mostly prepped) at breakfast or lunch, so I may just need to do a few extra things.
- We eat dinner around 5pm – 5:15pm. I set the table, light our dinner candle and we say a blessing and give thanks for our food. After that, we each share 3 things we are grateful for. We sit and eat until 5:30pm-5:45pmish. We used to sit a lot longer and have beautiful long chats, but since having Bambi, by then she is finished eating and ready to get moving.
- Over the next 20-30 minutes, we do the dishes, we turn on the bath, we chat about food for the next day and work out what needs to be soaked overnight, then I write down our menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the following day. I make sure the kitchen is perfect for the morning and put the dishwasher on as the last thing I do before I turn off the lights.
- At 6pm, papa and Bambi have a bath, which is when I shower, brush my teeth and do any last-minute things around the house.
- Around 6:20/6:30pm, I get Bambi out of the bath, dressed and I breastfeed her.
- Once she is done, we have a play on the bed, which usually consists of rolling around, tickling, laughing, dancing, and loads of kisses.
- At 6:45pm, Bambi and papa go into her room for books, kisses, a song and bed by 7pm.
- From 7pm, Nick and I are foam rolling, we might have a quick chat about the next day, then we get into bed to connect, read, then sleep.
- Most nights I am asleep by 8pm.
Here is the blueprint to create your own successful night routine. Now I would LOVE to hear from you: what’s one thing from your morning routine and one thing from your night-time routine that you LOVE and get excited about each day? Share below in as much detail as possible. Keep in mind, that the stuff you share might just inspire someone else to fill themselves up, so let those ideas loose!