Back in the day, I used to love seeing what was inside a person’s handbag… you could always tell so much from what people would cart around with them.
These days though, phones are the new handbags: it’s FASCINATING to see the tools, apps and programs that people use in their day to day life to make everything flow more easily. You can always get such amazing insights into how people operate and what they prioritise… and maybe steal a cool idea or two (or ten!) for yourself!
So with that in mind, today I thought I’d pull back the curtains on the apps that make my life sweeter.
It’s worth pointing out, I am NOT the type of person who has a million apps and folders wallpapering my phone screen… For me, that’s overwhelming. I am much more a ‘less is more’ type of person. So you can rest assured then, the apps I DO use are extra potent and powerful — they truly have to pull their weight to keep their spot on my screen!
So in no particular order, here they are…
My favorite health apps:
- Period Tracker — This app tracks my cycle and I use it religiously
- Down Dog — My fave yoga app. I do yoga with this app almost every morning for 15 minutes on my bedroom floor in my PJ’s or undies
- doTERRA Essentials Oils — To look up recipes and blends whenever I need
- Health — This app is free on the iPhone and I use it to track the 10,000 steps I aim to do daily
- Insight Timer — To time my meditations and for guided meditations (hot tip, some of my medie’s are on there too)
- 1 Giant Mind — Another epic meditation app
- MoonPlus — This app follows the moon cycle, so I know when the new moon and full moon dates are (especially useful when I’m planning a Goddess Circle — I love hosting them on a full moon!)
- Kindle — For reading (but make sure it’s always on airplane mode whilst you are reading!)
- Audible — To listen to epic audio books. (Did you know both Mastering Your Mean Girl and Open Wide are on audio, read by yours truly?!)
My favorite wealth apps:
- Gmail — My email provider of choice
- Google Drive — My whole life and business is run from Google Drive (seriously!)
- TeamWork — The best project management software! My team and I use it religiously (website)
- SignNow — An epic app if you need to digitally sign documents (website)
- 1Password — This stores all your passwords and logins so you never have to keep an excel spreadsheet with all your passwords and logins again (website)
- Evernote — For braindumps and storing ideas and clippings (website)
- Scanner Pro — Throw out your scanner because this app will scan all your important documents for you (app store)
- Receipt Bank — With this app you never have to keep a receipt ever again (goodbye shoe boxes full of years worth of receipts!) (website)
- Zoom — For team meetings and business calls (website)
- Skype — Also for team meetings and business calls (website)
- Eventbrite — I use this ticketing system for my events (website)
- Voxer — One of my most-used apps. It’s like a walkie talkie, and for someone like me — who doesn’t like talking on the phone, or texting or writing emails — it’s perfect, because instead of typing, I can easily send a voice message. My entire virtual team, family and friends are all on Voxer. It’s so much quicker than writing a text or email! My friends joke that if you want to be friends with me you have to be on voxer. (website)
- Synchronize — My virtual team is all over the world and we often have meetings with 5 people in different time zones, so this app is epic for finding the time that works for everyone (app store)
- Notes — For braindumps and ideas
And finally, some other apps that I just plain LOVE:
- FaceTime — To see and speak with my loved ones
- Google Photos — I don’t keep any photos on my phone, they all get uploaded to Google photos — that way, if I lose my phone or it breaks, I’ll still have all my piccies!
- Snapseed — If I ever want to edit a photo (app store)
- Instagram — The only social media app I have on my phone (website)
- Pinterest — We are currently renovating our dream home, so this is full of inspiration (website)
- Podcasts — The app I listen to all my podcasts on — including mine and Nick’s (app store)
- Spotify — To listen to all my fave music (website)
- Shazam — If I am out and hear an epic song, and I want to know what it is, I Shazam it (app store)
- Maps — To get from A to B
- Uber — Also to get from A to B
- Weather — To plan my outfit!
So there you have it — my absolute favourite apps… I hope there are some juicy ones in there that you mightn’t have discovered yet!
A final — and very important — note: I have no notifications on my phone… not for Instagram, text, email, Voxer, anything. Also, I almost ALWAYS have my phone on silent, unless I am waiting for an emergency call. And I almost always keep my phone on airplane mode too, unless I need to use it. The last thing you need when you are in a flow state — writing, creating or podcasting — is a device dinging and pinging constantly at you, distracting you, and pulling you out of the present moment… Make your phone work for you, don’t let it be something that overwhelms you.
Alright, beautiful — over to you! I would love to hear what your most favorite and used apps are? What gets the most workout on your phone? Share with me in the comments below.