Is there a way to break free from the destructive patterns that keep us stuck in life?
Can we heal from traumas — whether big or small — that we’ve carried with us for decades?
And is it possible to consciously create a new version of yourself?
Today’s podcast guest, Dr Nicole LePera (a.k.a. The Holistic Psychologist) says the answer to all three of these questions is a resounding yes. And in this practical, inspiring, action-oriented conversation, she’s sharing her best tools to help us do the work, heal ourselves, and produce lasting change in our lives.
Dr. Nicole LePera was trained in clinical psychology at Cornell University and the New School for Social Research. She also studied at the Philadelphia School of Psychoanalysis.
As a clinical psychologist in private practice, Dr. Nicole LePera often found herself frustrated by the limitations of traditional psychotherapy. Wanting more for her patients— and for self— she began a journey to develop a united philosophy of mental, physical, and spiritual health that equips people with the tools necessary to heal themselves.
With more than 3.2 million followers on Instagram (where she’s known as The Holistic Psychologist), Dr Nicole has pioneered a revolutionary approach to healing that harnesses the power of the self to produce lasting change. She is the creator of the #SelfHealers movement where people from around the world are joining together in community to take healing into their own hands. Her first book, How to Do the Work, is currently in pre-order with a release date of March 2021.
This conversation blew my mind, in the best possible way. It’s so inspiring to know that with the right tools, everyone has the power to be their own healer. And Nicole’s gift is making those tools so accessible, digestible, and easy to put into action in your own life that change no longer seems impossible, but inevitable.
So if you want to learn how to break free from destructive behaviors, recognize how adverse experiences and trauma from childhood live within us, and discover the tools that will help you create a more vibrant, authentic, and joyful life, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- How she became the Holistic Psychologist and why it is SO important for us to approach every aspect of our lives from a holistic perspective (3:58)
- How to identify the symptoms of mental diseases and become aware if you’re dealing with one (7:47)
- How to unleash your healing powers, reprogram your brain, and start living your life more consciously (10:28)
- What makes EMDR such a powerful tool to work through past trauma and how to find safety in any situation (19:14)
- What you must know about your inner child, and why it is so crucial for everybody to start working on healing their inner child today (20:59)
- The importance of active listening and what makes it the secret sauce to level up all of your relationships (25:22)
- The revolutionary concept of ‘reparenting’ and how to execute it successfully at home. (28:04)
- Her 3 awesome tips to set healthy boundaries (and how to stop feeling bad after doing so!) (33:17)
- How shimmying through discomfort will flip your life around and allow you to inspire others (40:46)
- Plus so much more!
Follow Dr. Nicole on Instagram
How To Do The Work by Nicole LePera
Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Singer
Oura Ring: Accurate Health Information Accessible to Everyone
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
This episode is brought to you by DesignCrowd. The website with hundreds of thousands of designers ready to help create your perfect custom design. Crowdsource custom logo, business card, and web design from over 900,000 epic designers from around the world. Visit designcrowd.com/melissa to get up to $150 off your first project today.