Today we are doing a deep dive into eating disorders, how to understand what’s really going on, and how to heal from them. So I’ve bought none other than the amazing Geneen Roth back on the show to go deep with us.
Geneen Roth — whose many books were among the first to link our relationship with food with deeply personal and spiritual issues that go far beyond dieting, body image and weight — is here to help us get a better understanding of eating disorders and our relationship with food in a more tender, loving and forgiving way.
I’ve personally dealt with an eating disorder and I am telling you, if you want to find out how to reinvent yourself, become the person you’ve been waiting for and raise self-loving children, you MUST listen to this episode
Geneen Roth is the author of ten books, including the #1 New York Times bestsellers Women Food and God, When Food Is Love, Lost and Found, and The Craggy Hole in My Heart, the Cat Who Fixed It and her newest book, This Messy Magnificent Life. Over the past thirty years, she has worked with thousands of people in her groundbreaking retreats and workshops. Her work proceeds with the conviction that how we do anything is how we do everything, which means that how we eat is also how we live.
In this episode we chat about:
- What is going on *emotionally* for people experiencing eating disorders (4:34)
- How to unravel negative and unhealthy eating patterns (9:16)
- Understanding the feelings behind eating disorders (13:38)
- How to raise self-loving children and how to reparent your inner child (15:57)
- What is really going on behind the different eating behaviors (20:40)
- The key to facing our fears (27:09)
- What you can do for someone who is experiencing eating patterns that aren’t serving them (28:31)
- How to overcome self-judgment (33:00)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl (book)
- Open Wide (book)
- Comparisonitis (book)
- Quit Dieting & Heal Your Body with Geneen Roth (podcast)
- This Messy Magnificent Life by Geneen Roth (book)
- Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth (book)
- When Food Is Love by Geneen Roth (book)
- Lost and Found by Geneen Roth (book)
- The Craggy Hole in My Heart and The Cat Who Fixed It by Geneen Roth (book)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.