Do you have a bag of slimy spinach in your fridge right now?!
Do you throw things like apple cores, banana skin and the tops of strawberries in the trash?
And do you sometimes find it difficult to find the time, motivation and energy to cook healthy meals for you and your family?
If you’re nodding your head right now, then buckle up for an eye-opening conversation with Max La Manna, an eco-conscious chef with a revolutionary take on food we once deemed “waste”.
Max — a bona fide social media superstar, award winning digital creator, and bestselling author — is here to share his simple but genius techniques to reduce waste in the kitchen, get more plants on your plate, and eat your way to a healthier planet.
Listen in as we discuss: the surprising data about our wastage habits, ingenious solutions to salvage ingredients that are usually discarded, the overwhelming response to his book, how our everyday choices in the kitchen affect the planet, the surprising link between food waste and food insecurity, future trends in the food industry, cooking tips for when time is tight… and what to do with that infamous bag of slimy spinach we all dread!
This inspiring episode is not just about delicious food; it’s a blueprint for a greener, healthier, and more conscious future. So press play now and prepare to change the way you view your kitchen waste forever.
About Max La Manna
Max La Manna is an award-winning author, low-waste chef and digital creator whose casual approach to cooking has captivated an audience of over 1.2 million followers across his social media accounts.
Inspired by his own life experience, Max creates simple, affordable dishes that use as much of each ingredient as possible. His viral, easy-to-follow recipe videos have racked up over 1 billion views across socials.
In this episode we chat about:
- The spark that ignited his passion for reducing food wastage (4:31)
- Why do we see some parts of food as ‘waste’? (7:50)
- Discover the most commonly wasted foods (spoiler alert: they WILL surprise you!) (15:46)
- What’s the best way to spread the crucial message about reducing food waste? (23:24)
- Future trends to look out for in the food industry (26:44)
- Why has cooking taken a backseat in our lives? And how can we reignite our passion for it? (34:03)
- Easy-to-implement steps that can significantly curb your kitchen waste (38:13)
- The #1 book he wishes was in the school curriculum (42:10)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl (Book)
- Open Wide (Book)
- Comparisonitis (Book)
- Time Magic (Book)
- You Can Cook This!: Easy vegan recipes to save time, money and waste (Book)
- More Plants Less Waste: Plant-based Recipes + Zero Waste Life Hacks with Purpose (Book)
- Eleven Rings (Book)
- Sacred Hoops: Spiritual Lessons of a Hardwood Warrior (Book)
- The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul (Book)
- More Than a Game (Book)
- Journey to the Ring: Behind the Scenes with the 2010 NBA Champion Lakers (Book)
- Max La Manna (Instagram)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.
P.P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.