(Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart or TuneIn)
In the past few years, a quiet but fascinating revolution has been taking place. Scientists, mystics, peak performers, CEOs and creatives around the world have been experimenting with plants and substances that have long been labelled as “bad”. Their experiments — whether personal trials in their daily life, or rigorous scientific research in a laboratory — have produced mind blowing, life changing, health transforming results… and yet still, psychedelics are seen as ‘taboo’.
Today’s podcast guest, Paul Austin is on a mission to change this perception and to spread the message that when safely, responsibly and strategically used, these substances can literally change your mind, your life, your mental and physical health, and radically accelerate your spiritual evolution.
Paul Austin is an entrepreneur, public speaker, and educator. He has founded two companies in the emerging psychedelic space, Third Wave and Synthesis. Within Third Wave, Paul leads his team in building an educational platform to ensure psychedelic substances become responsibly integrated into our cultural framework, while Synthesis is a legal psilocybin retreat just outside of Amsterdam.
Paul has been featured in the BBC, Forbes, and Rolling Stone and sees psychedelic use as a skill, one that becomes more refined as we explore the many nuances of these awe-inspiring medicines and molecules. Known as the Microdosing Coach, Paul provides long-form psychedelic guides, online microdosing programs, and an industry-best network of clinics and retreat providers.
I have to confess that a few years back, this was not a topic I was interested in at all. But after hearing about the life-altering journeys that some of my friends experienced using plant medicine, my perspective started to shift.
So if you want learn about how people are using plant medicine in a responsible, safe manner to blast through the limits of human possibility, improve their mental health, make monumental leaps in their spiritual evolution, as well as just give themselves a creative ‘edge’ in their daily lives, then pop in those earbuds and open your mind… this one’s for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- The incredible story of how Paul got into psychedelics and founded his two pioneering companies (04:46)
- These substances are not new — here’s how the ancients harnessed the power of psychedelics (12:38)
- Let’s change everything you thought you knew about LSD (16:45)
- Is microdosing responsible for some of the recent breakthroughs humanity has experienced, in areas as diverse as creativity, coding and finance? (28:28)
- Why mushrooms are one of the most fascinating organisms on the planet (32:44)
- The unheard story of Santa Claus, Christmas… and psychedelics. (Yep!) (38:56)
- The new world of microdosing: what it is, which plants you can use, and how it can help you cultivate a much more nourishing life (44:04)
- Microdosing for relaxation, stress management and repairing your nervous system (53:33)
- Third Wave | Psychedelics Education, Resources & Community (website)
- Paul F. Austin – Microdosing Psychedelics Coach (website)
- Third Wave Podcast with Paul Austin – Psychedelic Interviews (podcast)
- Archaic Revival by Terence McKenna (amazon)
- Food Of The Gods by Terence McKenna (amazon)
- True Hallucinations by Terence McKenna (amazon)
- The Immortality Key by Brian C. Muraresku (amazon)
- The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide – Risks, Micro-Dosing, Ibogaine, and More (podcast)
- Microdosing Psychedelics (website)
- The Wearable Device That Improves Your Sleep, Emotions, Stress, Focus, Relaxation & More (podcast)
- The Ultimate De-Stress Device | Dr. Dave Rabin & Kathryn Fantauzzi (podcast)
- The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley (amazon)
- Island by Aldous Huxley (amazon)
- Microdosing 2.0 Course: Get 10% off with code Melissa (buy)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.
show Comments /
- Hide Comments