Figuring out your ideal daily rituals that can enable you to really thrive can be tricky… but not for today’s guest, Elena Brower, who’s totally mastered the art. She’s also a master of many other things — including co-parenting with ease and grace, self-love, compassion, busting through fear, and dismantling addictions. I couldn’t wait to pick her brains on these topics in this heart-expanding, soul-stretching episode.
Elena’s story is a fascinating one. After struggling with addiction for years, she figured out how to heal her pain (and ditch her self-destructive patterns) through self-love, daily rituals, meditation and various healing practices.
These days, she’s a world-renowned yoga teacher with her NYC classes always packed to the rafters, an author, teacher, speaker and self-love guru, as well as a loving Mama. She’s also the author of Art of Attention — an artful yoga workbook now translated into six languages — and the creator of Teach.yoga, a virtual home for yoga teachers worldwide.
If you want to amp up your self-love, learn how to consciously co-parent, and create life-changing daily practices, then this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- How Elena got to where she is today and how she learned to love herself (04:40)
- Conscious parenting and how to lead by example (09:00)
- How blended families can co-parent with grace (11:50)
- Why treating your children like an adult is imperative for their growth (14:16)
- Why lying to your children will break their respect (14:50)
- Why compassion is the key to self-love (16:35)
- How to love yourself (17:32)
- The breath exercise to rock your daily practice and amp up your self-love (22:52)
- How to bust through limiting beliefs and how to re-write your fear-based stories (27:28)
- What the powerful ‘miracle practice’ is and why it’s imperative to conscious creation (27:50)
- Why our children are not ‘ours’, why we can not control them, and why letting them make mistakes is key to their expansion and growth (37:00)
- The importance of vulnerability in all our relationships (and how to embody this sacred quality) (43:00)
- Plus so much more!
- Elena Brower’s Instagram (Instagram)
- Books by Elena Brower (Amazon)
- Elena Brower: The Ritual of Recovery (YouTube)
- Art of Attention by Elena Brower (Amazon)
- Teach.Yoga (website)
- Alternate Nostril Breathing Technique (Nadi Shodhan Pranayama) (article)
- Money, A Love Story by Kate Northrup (Amazon)
- Books by Rudolf Steiner (Amazon)
- Chakra Yoga by Anodea Judith (Amazon)
- The Deepest Acceptance by Jeff Foster (Amazon)
- The Art of Living by Thich Nhat Hanh (Amazon)
- Making Space by Thich Nhat Hanh (Amazon)
- Practice You by Elena Brower (Coming out September 2017) (website)
- Practice You on Instagram (Instagram)
This episode is brought to you by My Wellness Community. Join the movement that spreads wellness across the globe, empowering every home to live a more natural lifestyle. Learn more at mywellnessentials.net today.
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.