Do you ever feel like you’ve got something inside you — a story, a song, an artwork, whatever — that you’re not fully expressing?
Today’s podcast guest, Chase Jarvis, says there’s a creator inside all of us, even if you’ve never considered yourself to be “creative”. And in this episode, he’s sharing his genius strategies for unleashing that inner creator so you can share the spark inside you that’s aching to be set free.
Chase Jarvis is an award-winning artist, entrepreneur, and one of the most influential photographers of the past decade. He has created campaigns for Apple, Nike, Red Bull, and more; has had gallery shows in the United States, Europe, and the Middle East; was a contributor to the Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times story “SnowFall,” and earned an Emmy nomination for his documentary Portrait of a City. As well as founding the online learning hub ‘Creative Live’, he’s also been a keynote speaker on six continents, an adviser to Fortune 100 brands, and a guest at the Obama White House, the United Nations, the Library of Congress, 10 Downing Street, Buckingham Palace, and the DIFC in Dubai.
I’ve followed Chase’s work for ages now. While his photography is undeniably epic (seriously!), it’s his approach to creativity that truly has me swooning. Rather than a skill, he sees it as a habit that’s available to everyone — whether you’re an artist, a zookeeper, or anything in between. Through small daily actions, he says you can cultivate this important habit and channel your creative powers, transforming your life and health in the process.
So if you want to learn how to express the big ideas brewing inside you, design daily habits for self-expression, and rediscover your innate creative spirit, then buckle up and press play… this inspiring conversation is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- His story from being told he wasn’t creative in grade 2 to where he is today (05:33)
- Why everyone is creative (13:34)
- What is creativity? (19:08)
- Why creativity is essential for achieving true wellness (24:37)
- How *not* expressing your creativity is doing you harm (29:00)
- Why words are so powerful (31:14)
- Where to begin with expressing yourself creatively (If you sometimes worry you’re “not creative”, this part is a must-listen) (33:37)
- How he expressed himself creatively today (36:44)
- The key to unlocking your creativity (39:27)
- Plus so much more!
- Chase Jarvis LIVE Podcast (podcast)
- Creative Calling by Chase Jarvis (Amazon)
- Seattle 100: Portrait of a City by Chase Jarvis (Amazon)
- Best Camera (website)
- CreativeLive (website)
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay (Amazon)
- Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch (Amazon)
- Follow me Melissa Ambrosini on Instagram (Instagram)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
This episode is brought to you by BLUblox. Head to www.BLUblox.com now and enter the code MELISSA for 15% off your order.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.