What if you could grow your own amazing source of nutrition right in the comfort of your own home — and for just a few cents per serving?
That’s the power of sprouts, nature’s ultimate superfood. And today’s podcast guest, sprout expert Doug Evans, is here to talk to us about the magical process of sprouting seeds, why these little nutrient-bombs are the best way to 10x your health, and how they can help us end food inequality for good…
Doug Evans is an early pioneer in the health food movement. After losing his mother to cancer and his father to heart disease, then watching his brother suffer through diabetes and three strokes, he invested in and co-founded Organic Avenue — one of the first organic cold-pressed juice and raw food retailers in the U.S. Doug was also the inventor and founder of Juicero, the first at-home cold-pressed juicing system. In a 3 year period, he led the company from conception to production launch, and sold over 1 million Juicero Packs before it was composted.
These days, Doug lives off the water and food grids on his land east of Joshua Tree, California, where he created a sprout lab, wrote The Sprout Book, and has a daily practice of sitting, soaking and doing ashtanga yoga. He’s on a mission to spread the word about how hugely beneficial sprouts can be, and how easy it is to grow your own at home.
I was really looking forward to this conversation, because my Nick is currently obsessed with sprouting. And when you consider the health benefits on offer (more energy, reduced inflammation, increased weight loss, better sleep, enhanced digestion, and no more brain fog) it’s easy to see why!
So if you want to tap into the amazing health benefits of sprouts, get maximum nutrition for minimum cost, and learn how to start sprouting at home (even if you live in a tiny apartment, or don’t have a green thumb), then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- His unconventional morning routine, and his incredibly inspiring journey with sprouts (5:34)
- Why he wrote The Spout Book (18:41)
- All you need to know about the transforming benefits that sprouts will bring into your life (and your wallet) (25:04)
- How sprouts can impact your digestion and make your microbiome happy (30:21)
- The main reasons why you don’t really hear about sprouts and their epic influence on health (33:54)
- How the COVID pandemic has highlighted the flaws of our food systems and the importance of growing our own food (40:11)
- What really makes sprouts such rich, nutritious bombs and the exact amount you should be having to level up your health (45:27)
- How to smoothly start your sprout journey TODAY to 10x your health (53:47)
- Follow Doug on Instagram (Instagram)
- The Sprout Book by Doug Evans (Amazon)
- Sproutman (website)
- True Leaf Market (website)
- Why We Should Be Eating Sprouts With Doug Evans Plant Proof Podcast (podcast episode)
- Fiber Fueled by Dr. Will Bulsiewicz (Amazon)
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (Amazon)
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino (Amazon)
- Ancient Wisdom, Modern Parenting & Finding Freedom With Don Miguel Ruiz Jr (podcast episode)
- Paul Rand and Steve Jobs 1993 Interview (YouTube)
- Earthlings (website)
- Who Killed the Electric Car? (book)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.