Imagine growing up with one of the world’s most famous spiritual teachers as your dad… Would you feel overshadowed? Would it cause you to rebel? And what kind of insider info would you glean when your whole life’s been steeped in spiritual traditions? I was beyond excited to ask these questions — and so much more — of today’s incredible podcast guest, Don Miguel Ruiz Junior.
Don Miguel Ruiz Senior — a.k.a. his father — has sold more than 10 million books, is the author of the bestselling The Four Agreements (among many others), and is considered a ‘national treasure’ in his native Mexico.
But far from resting on his dad’s laurels, Don Miguel Ruiz Jr has emerged as a spiritual leader in his own right — with books (including The Mastery of Self, and my personal fave, his Little Book of Wisdom), a radio show, and hugely popular speaking gigs around the globe.
After apprenticing to his dad and grandma for ten years, Don Miguel Ruiz Jr. has built on the lessons and philosophies he grew up with, to define and embody his own concept of personal freedom while achieving peace with all of creation. Fusing ancient Toltec wisdom with modern spirituality, this is a soul with much to share and a huge passion for empowering others.
So if you want lightbulb moments on topics as wide-ranging as conscious parenting, personal freedom, and achieving true success, slide in those ear buds and press play… there’s soul-gold aplenty in this one!
In this episode we chat about:
- His journey, and what it was like growing up with a father who is one of the most famous spiritual teachers of our time (06:59)
- Who his biggest spiritual teachers are (15:32)
- What is the Toltec tradition? (17:35)
- How he parents and inspires his children (24:18)
- The truth about personal freedom and how to find it (27:49)
- What to do if your child is rebelling (28:54)
- Why letting your children learn their own lessons is the most powerful way to parent (31:46)
- How to love and accept yourself unconditionally and why it’s imperative for inner freedom (41:56)
- What he attributes his success to (50:16)
- How to consciously parent (51:05)
- Plus so much more!
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (Amazon)
- Black Panther (Amazon)
- Coco (Amazon)
- Demian by Hermann Hesse (Amazon)
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki (Amazon)
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Amazon)
- The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida (Amazon)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (book)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.
This week’s podcast is brought to you by Sunlighten. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know I love spending time in my infrared sauna. I want to be the best version of myself, which is why infrared saunas have become an indispensable part of my health routine. They’re an amazing way for me to rest, rejuvenate, rebuild and heal both my body and mind. Since becoming a regular user, I’ve noticed significant benefits in my body — such as my skin being clearer than ever, and some niggling aches and pains I’d had for years calming down. The best part, though, is that I always feel bursting with energy when I get out. That’s why my husband and I both try to jump in every few days to soak up the goodness! Head to www.sunlighten.com.au/melissa and mention the code word MELISSA AMBROSINI in your enquiry to receive your $500 gift voucher.