It’s not often that you get a chance to pick the brains of a bona fide Hollywood star. But today’s podcast guest, Nathalie Kelley is exactly that... and so much more.
Nathalie Kelley is the lead in the ABC series The Baker and the Beauty. Born in the Amazon and raised in the Outback, she maintained strong spiritual and cultural ties to her ancestral homeland. During one of her trips home to Peru, she experienced an awakening around her mission to bring our planet and society back into balance. Through her unique position as an actress with a large following, Nathalie is rewriting the rules of what it means to be an ‘influencer’ in order to enact large-scale social change, encourage conscious living, and inspire everyone to heal our planet.
Real and raw, Nathalie goes deep in this conversation, covering everything from handling rejection, to feeling comfortable in your own skin, to living zero waste, and what it *really* takes to make it in Hollywood.
So if you want to learn about confidence from a Hollywood insider, discover powerful strategies to impact the planet, and hear surprising ways to heal your inner child, then pop in those earbuds… this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Her story from growing up in Peru to where she is today (09:02)
- The health crisis that led to her awakening (and the medicine that accelerated her journey) (17:23)
- How to handle rejection (20:58)
- The secret to feeling comfortable in your own skin (30:36)
- Why she is an ‘influencer’ for the planet (36:56)
- The surprising reason she moved to a plant-based diet (37:50)
- Regenerative farming — what it is, and why she’s so passionate about it (40:02)
- Her definition of success (44:36)
- What is a ‘solidarity swap’ and why you want to start doing them with your friends (48:08)
- How to live zero waste (55:00)
- How to stay present and find the power in the moment (59:28)
- The daily routine that sets her up for success (01:02:01)
- Her secret for glowing skin (01:04:08)
- The power of dance and why she loves it (01:19:36)
- How to heal your inner child and why this work is so important (01:26:19)
- Plus so much more!
Article on Kambó medicine
Zen in the Art of Archery by Eugen Herrigel
The Art of Learning by Josh Waitzkin
The Compassionate Road Podcast
Plant Proof Podcast
Fashion Revolution Instagram
Living Zero-Waste & Treading More Gently On The Planet Podcast
How A Family of 5 Make almost Zero Waste
Corinne Loperfido’s Instagram
Renegade Beauty by Nadine Artemis
Poppy and Someday
The Yoga Facelift by Marie-Veronique Nadeu
Kicking Gum Disease, Glowing Skin And Sun Secrets With Nadine Artemis Podcast
Discover Your True Self Using Human Design With Jenna Zoe Podcast
We Are the Weather by Jonathan Safran
The Chalice and the Blade by Riane Eisler
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.