Want to save the planet but not sure where to start? Today’s podcast guest, Tracey Bailey, is here to help us make a HUGE impact on Mama Earth by shifting our thinking around the household products we use and the waste we create every day. And let me tell you, her stories and strategies about protecting our planet are going to blow you away...
Tracey Bailey was a PR consultant when a chance encounter with some endangered Orangutans in Indonesia changed her life forever. Knowing that she could no longer be part of a system that was causing harm to such majestic but vulnerable creatures, Tracey left the world of PR to begin a venture much closer to her heart. In 2003, she launched Biome — Australia’s first online eco store, that showcases carefully vetted products that are both environmentally friendly and socially responsible.
Since then, Tracey has succeeded in making an incredible impact on the environment. (Case in point: in the past year alone, Biome helped its customers save over 10 million single-use items from waste… how’s that for making a difference?!) She has so many genius ideas and easy strategies that we can ALL implement in our households, and I know you’re going to love how EASY she makes it to make a huge difference.
So if you want to discover the best way to go toxic-free, the mind-blowingly simple steps to ditch plastic, and the hidden benefits of composting your waste, then pop in those earbuds… this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Her story about how she started Biome and how she got to where she is today (05:59)
- What is greenwashing and why do we need to know about it? (11:15)
- The #1 best way to live a toxic-free life (13:18)
- Why it’s so imperative to reduce plastic (and the ESPECIALLY nasty type you want to avoid at all costs) (16:46)
- The shocking items where PVC3 is usually found and how it may be harming your children! (19:08)
- How you and your household can make the biggest impact on the environment (and it’s not what you’d expect) (22:36)
- Why composting is awesome, sexy and so much easier than you think! (27:30)
- Why our lack of connection with nature is causing so much of the harm to our planet (31:44)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.