Do you feel hungry all the time, even when you’ve just eaten?
Do you suffer from constant uncontrollable cravings?
And do you feel like you’ve been restricting what you eat, battling the scale, and hating on your body for, like, ever?!
If you’re nodding your head right now, this conversation with Amy Shah, MD (aka the fasting MD) can quite literally change your life. Amy is on a mission to revolutionize the way we manage hunger and cravings so that we can break free from the tyranny of diets and overcome our constant battles with food. And in this mind-blowing, game-changing episode, she’s going to show you exactly how to do it.
Press play to learn: why nonstop hunger is not your fault, the critical link between the gut microbiome and sugar cravings, the 6 things we should all be eating more of, the radical health shift you can create in just 3 days, harnessing the inner wisdom of your body through intuitive eating, why exercise is your secret weapon for better moods, and how to rewire your brain to unlearn cravings.
About Dr Amy Shah
Amy Shah, MD, is a double-board-certified medical doctor and nutrition expert with training from Cornell, Columbia, and Harvard Universities. Drawing from her background in internal medicine and allergy/immunology, as well as her own wellness journey, she has dedicated her practice to helping her patients feel better and live healthier through her integrative and holistic approach to wellness. She was named one of mindbodygreen’s Top 100 Women in Wellness to Watch in 2015 and appears regularly on national television shows and podcasts and in national magazines. She lives in Arizona with her family.
In this episode we chat about:
- Why are we so effing hungry?! (2:50)
- The powerful biological forces that govern our hunger levels (6:00)
- 3 surprising culprits that cause massive sugar cravings (7:50)
- Rewiring the addiction pathways that have you reaching for processed and sugary foods (10:40)
- The best way to start your journey to conquer cravings (14:56)
- Inspiring success stories from women who’ve been able to break decades-old dieting patterns (20:16)
- The hunger hacks and lifestyle tweaks to uplevel your overall health (26:58)
- How exercise can regulate key neurotransmitters and influence your hunger response (33:00)
- How to nourish yourself to balance your mood (41:43)
- Powerful routines to make your new health habits a cinch (45:23), plus so much more!
- I’m So Effing Tired: A Proven Plan to Beat Burnout, Boost Your Energy and Reclaim Your Life by Dr Amy Shah (book)
- I’m so Effing Hungry: Why We Crave What We Crave – and What to Do About It by Dr Amy Shah (book)
- Dr Amy Shah (website)
- Dr Amy Shah (instagram)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.
P.P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.