As the year slowly comes to a close, it’s the perfect time to stop, reflect, celebrate and get crystal clear on what you want to manifest for the year to come. That way, you can shimmy into the fresh new year with clarity, drive, and laser focus — all the juicy stuff that an epic, dreamy life is made of!
But before we look to the year ahead and start setting heart-centered goals and manifesting for the future, it’s imperative to begin by looking behind us. Reflection is a super-important piece of the puzzle because it allows us to re-align, tune in and ponder on our truth… so let’s get to it!
It’s easy to want to sprint through to the end of the year without stopping and taking a moment to acknowledge the year that’s been, all that you have achieved, and all the growth that’s taken place. In fact, I’ve heard a lot of people say they can’t wait for this year to be over, or that this year was their worst year yet. (I’ve even heard peeps refer to 2016 as ‘two thousand and shit-teen’!) Now sure, I understand you may have had a challenging year — but it’s all perfect. Everything always is! Everything is always unfolding the way it’s supposed to. So, before you write this year off as a total shit sandwich, please take a moment to reflect back… you may be pleasantly surprised.
So, my sweet friend — boil the kettle, whip out your journal, light a candle, or lay on your favourite rug outside and answer these questions with a wide open heart, because we’re about to celebrate the year that’s just been.
- What were the 3 best things that happened over this past year?
- What have you achieved/what are you most proud of?
- What have you learned?
- What have been your top 3 biggest realisations/lessons?
- How have you grown?
- What do you want to let go of? For example, an old limiting belief, a job, a person, a situation, a pattern, a painful memory, resentment, hurt or a behaviour you are still holding onto?
- What limiting inner Mean Girl beliefs do you want to let go of?
- What would you like to stop doing from last year?
- Describe 2016 in 3 words?
- What are you most grateful for from this year?
You still with me, sista? Great!
Now that we have reflected on the year that’s past, it’s time to ponder on the year ahead. Before we do that, it’s super important to do a little ceremony to clean the slate and lay a fresh foundation for your dreams to manifest. You can do that by performing a sage smudging cleansing ritual around yourself, home and office.
Remember, you have the ability to manifest and create whatever your heart desires in the new year… but it ain’t going to happen by just sitting back and wishing it to manifest! You gotta take inspired action daily, sista!
No amount of sitting back and wishing will make your dreams manifest. You have to take action.
It’s now time to let go of the past and ponder on the future. Close your eyes for a moment and think about the year to come. Once you have pondered for a few minutes, open your eyes and answer the below questions. You could even do one of my Mastering Your Mean Girl Meditations to help you get in the zone.
It’s super important that when you are setting goals that they tick the following criteria…
- They must be heart centred.
- They must inspire you.
- They must be true for you and not something you ‘think’ you ‘should’ achieve.
- You must use inspiring dialogue, ‘lose weight’ is not as inspiring as ‘wake up feeling health, strong and vital’. Same with ‘quit sugar’. Try something like, ‘treat my body like the temple it is and only nourish it with the most high vibrational food mother nature has to offer’.
- They must make your heart sing. If your goals don’t give you butterflies and excite the bejesus out of you then they aren’t right.
- They mustn’t overwhelm and stress you out.
- You must be crystal clean and super specific. ‘Find happiness’, or ‘find love’ and not specific enough. Try something like, ‘to remember that I am love and to feel that within myself daily’. Or ‘to wake up feeling inner happiness and peace daily’.
[Please note that if fear pops up and you get nervous in your tummy when setting your goals, this is a good sign. It’s means you’re on the right path.]
Ok, keeping the above in mind let’s dive in…
- What are 6 words to best describe how you want to feel in 2017? For example: love, fearless, balance, connected, present, strong, health, expanded, focused, grateful, glow-y, abundant etc.?
- What are 1-3 health goals you would like to achieve?
- What are 1-3 career goals you would like to achieve?
- What are 1-3 financial goals you would like to achieve?
- What are 1-3 self love goals you would like to achieve?
- What are 1-3 relationship goals you would like to achieve?
- Do you want to travel this year? If yes, where do you want to go? Be as specific as possible. For example, I would love to travel to the Greek islands in June 2017 for 3 weeks with my husband to experience all the magic that place has to offer.
- What are 2-3 hobbies that you would like to explore and make more time for next year?
- What will you commit to not doing in 2017?
- What will you make more time for?
- How do you want to do things differently next year?
- Create your 2017 Self Love Menu. What are 10 things you can add to your self love menu to fill yourself up? Please note I have a free Self Love Menu you can get here.
- What does your ideal morning routine look like? Be as specific as possible.
- What does your ideal day look like?
- What does your self-loving night time ritual look like?
- How can you give more to yourself next year? What would that look like specifically?
- What is one word you want to describe 2017?
Now close your eyes and think about 2017. See it, feel it, experience it like it’s already happened. Use your imagination and let it play out. See yourself achieving your goals and manifesting your heart’s desires. What does that feel like? Who is around you? Take 10 more minutes or so to really allow yourself to future-trip here. Smile as you see yourself kicking goals, being surrounded by loved ones, and achieving what it is you want. High five yourself in your mind, and when you are finished your visualisation, move on to the next step…
This is where you come up with 3 powerful statements that you will write out and stick around your house and office so that you can see them when times feel challenging and hard. For example…
Everything is unfolding exactly the way it’s supposed to.
This too shall pass.
I create my own reality; if I don’t like what I have created I can create again.
I am the one in the driver’s seat, I am responsible for my life and happiness.
I am responsible for creating my happiness and joy.
Letter To Your Future Self
Zoom ahead to December 31st 2017 and write a letter to yourself about all that has happened in 2017 and all that you have achieved. Start it off with something like this…
WOW!!!!! 2017 has been epic! Mastering Your Mean Girl became a New York Times Bestseller, which means you have reached your goal of inspiring hundreds of thousands of women all over the world. Well done, sista! Etc etc…
This is not to be rushed so please take your time with this. Once you have finished pop it in an envelope, seal it, write your name on it and put it somewhere you won’t lose it. My hubby and I do this every year and love reading what we wrote out to each other on the 1st of January. It’s so insightful, heartwarming and actually quite mind blowing!
Most importantly, have fun with this. Because if it ain’t fun it ain’t worth it, sista!
As always, thank you so much for being here. Everything I do and create is with the utmost love and intention to serve you and your evolution. Thank you for those who have been avid MA followers since the beginning and welcome to those who are new to the MA Tribe, we are honoured to have you.
I have so many fun and exciting things planned for 2017 to help you… I will be writing book number two #YAY, launching an epic inspiring podcast #EXCITED, and creating some awesome changes to a few of my current products, which I know you are going to LOVE! I can’t wait to share it all with you.
I am sending you and your family so much love.