With the world catching onto the benefits of a predominantly plant-based lifestyle, there are still concerns that a vegan pregnancy is somehow deficient. To the contrary, the science is out on this now and it is hard to ignore.
But like any healthy pregnancy, it can still be wise to supplement with a few key nutrients as an ‘insurance policy’ to make sure your baby is getting everything he or she needs. This is not a vegan vs non-vegan debate, this is purely a fact that our food crops today are lacking in many essential nutrients due to the quality of soil around the world.
Honestly, I believe I would be 100% fine without supplements, but I am still consulting with my physician Dr Stephen Cabral and testing to make sure I am only taking what is absolutely essential as I believe there is no substitute for a balanced plant-based diet.
Week 7 Resources
- Our acupuncturist Miriam Drescher (website)
- The top 5 best tests to get (buy)
- Daily Nutritional Support (buy)
- MTHFR Support (website)
- 800ml activated folate during pregnancy
- Iron Innate Response (iHerb)
- Plant Based Green Omega 3 (website)
- FM Zinc (buy)
- Cal-Mag Complete (buy)
- Become your own health guru with Dr Stephen Carbal’s Integrated Health Practitioner Certification (program)