In 2010 when I hit rock bottom and ended up in a hospital with my health taken away from me, I made a pledge to get healthy and happy again. One of the first (and most transformative) things I did on my journey back to health was quit alcohol cold turkey. Do I feel like I’m missing out? Nope. Do I ever crave a drink? Not at all!
So today I have brought back on my health guru Dr Stephen Cabral to chat about my journey, all things alcohol, and the truth of how alcohol affects you physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Through years of groundbreaking research, Dr Stephen Cabral has developed a powerful treatment combo of ancient ayurvedic healing practices and state-of-the-art naturopathic medicine to fully rebalance the body and re-energize it with life. He’s helped over 250,000 struggling people recover from auto-immune, thyroid, fatigue, weight gain, and dozens of other hard to treat health conditions. His life mission? To help people understand that you CAN and WILL get well again.
Dr Stephen Cabral’s vast knowledge and truly transformative treatments have literally saved my husband’s life and changed mine forever. So if you want to learn how I quit drinking, why I’ve stayed radiantly healthy and sober for the last 9 years, and get the scientific insights behind it all, then plug in your earbuds… this one is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- How we got to this binge drinking culture (08:14)
- What alcohol does to you physically, emotionally and spiritually (09:50)
- Why the blue zones drink red wine for medicinal purposes (14:02)
- Why and how I quit alcohol in 2010 (20:55)
- How to create new healthy habits that don’t involve drinking and what you can do instead (21:49)
- The link between alcohol, candida, gut health and leaky gut (30:39)
- How alcohol affects your hormones (36:07)
- Why quality matters when drinking (and what to avoid) (45:06)
- Alcohol and weight gain (49:29)
- The detrimental effects of alcohol on your body and mind (52:02)
- How alcohol affects your sleep and damages your mitochondria (56:33)
- Does alcohol actually decrease inflammation? (60:15)
- The important gene’s you need to know about and how to get your genes tested to help you take your health to the next level (63:57)
- Plus so much more!
Dr Stephen Cabral’s life changing Integrative Health Practitioner Program
Dr Stephen Cabral's Products
Join the Melissa Ambrosini Tribe on Facebook
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Open Wide Video Masterclass
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Today’s podcast is brought to you by the brand new Certification program created by my health guru and one of my all-time favourite humans on the planet, Dr. Stephen Cabral (Naturopathic Doctor, Functional Medicine Practitioner and Ayurvedic Expert). This is a program like no other — it literally *saved* my husband’s life, and changed mine forever. With a powerhouse combo of ancient Ayurvedic wisdom and cutting-edge science, this program is for anyone who wants to create epic health and next level healing for themselves and their family, or for anyone who wants a career in the health industry. Click here to get all the details and take control of your health and future today.