(Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart or TuneIn)
How do you create radiant levels of health and energy? How do you boost your metabolism and eliminate inflammation? And in these uncertain times, where it’s more important than ever to stay well, what can you do to powerfully fortify your immune system? The answer to all these questions, as science is increasingly coming to understand, lies in your gut.
To help us understand the crucial role our gut plays in all aspects of our health and immunity, I invited Dr Will Bulsiewicz (aka Dr B)— a leading expert on gut health (and author of one of the best books I’ve read this year) — to come on the podcast to bust through common myths, reveal the latest cutting edge science, and share his best tips for how to harness the power of the 40 trillion microbes in our guts to help us look and feel extraordinary…
Will Bulsiewicz, MD, MCSI is the New York Times bestselling author of the book Fiber Fueled. He’s also an award-winning gastroenterologist, gut health expert and the author of more than twenty articles in the top American gastroenterology journals. He’s a graduate of Georgetown University School of Medicine and was chief medical resident at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and chief gastroenterology fellow at the University of North Carolina Hospitals.
When I first discovered Dr B’s work, I was blown away. I was already thriving on a plant-based diet, but his insights — including how eating more fiber can literally save your life, the crucial role of diversity in our diet, and how to fuel your brain with premium-grade fuel — helped me refine my approach to nutrition even more, and I’ve loved seeing and feeling the benefits after following his tips.
So if you want to learn how to build an immune system that’s like a fortress; reverse diseases like diabetes, leaky gut and even cancer; and look and feel the best you’ve ever felt in your life, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- What is your gut microbiome and why is it so incredibly crucial to your health and energy levels? (16.27)
- Do you have microbiome damage? Here’s how to tell (and how to fix it!) (23:37)
- How past trauma, abuse and eating disorders can lead to severe gut issues — and what you can do about it (26:43)
- Dr B’s crazy health journey and how he is living proof of his own healing method (30:36)
- Science says THIS is the best and fastest way to heal your gut (36:48)
- Why diversity on your plate is one of the most powerful (yet overlooked) things you can do to achieve radiant health (43:28)
- How to get your children to be excited about eating fruits and vegetables (even if they’re super picky eaters!) (52:50)
- Why elimination diets like paleo and keto are actually hazardous to your health (plus: the six food groups that most influence our microbiome health — are you eating enough of them?) (55:01)
- Plus so much more!
- Follow Dr. Bulsiewicz on Instagram. (Instagram)
- The Plant Fed Gut Course (website)
- Fiber Fueled by Dr. Will Bulsiewicz (Amazon)
- The Blue Zones by Dan Buettner (Amazon)
- The Sprout Book by Doug Evans (Amazon)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.
I loved this episode since I am a huge fan of the fantastic world of the human microbiome, but I am always looking forward to your podcast episodes and listen to the dearly.
I am enrolled in IIN and loving it and I am looking forward to becoming and inspiration in the future and you are a fantastic example to follow. Thank you for all that you do.
You’re so welcome Andrea. Have the best time with IIN. I LOVED it. It was one of the best things I ever did. Keep me posted with how you go. xx