Can a simple change in attitude help you turn adversity into advantage? Today’s podcast guest, author Ryan Holiday, says hell yes! And in this episode, he walks us through exactly how we can make this shift in our own lives.
Ryan Holiday is a strategist and writer. At just 30 years of age, he’s got six books to his name (yep, six!), including multiple bestsellers like The Obstacle Is the Way, The Daily Stoic and Ego Is the Enemy. He’s also got a slew of high profile fans ready to sing his praises — including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tim Ferriss, Steven Pressfield, as well as NFL coaches, world-class athletes, TV personalities, political leaders, and others around the world.
Ryan’s approach to achieving success draws on the ancient Greek philosophy of stoicism — a.k.a. the art of getting through tough times using perseverance and resilience. With this mindset in place, Ryan says we can turn every obstacle into an opportunity to grow, improve and strengthen ourselves… It’s inspiring stuff, and so empowering.
So if you’re feeling frustrated, stuck, or like you’ve got one too many roadblocks standing in your way, this inspiring conversation will show you how to slice through the excuses, turn things around, and spark yourself into action.
In this episode we chat about:
- His journey from dropping out of college to becoming the successful writer he is today (03:37)
- The ancient philosophy that has helped him find success (and how you can apply it to your everyday life) (06:01)
- The secret to letting go of control, and why this is such a win for your mindset (07:54)
- How to move through grief and turn your trials into triumphs (14:49)
- The 2 stoic principles that have inspired him most (20:11)
- What is ‘calendar anorexia’ (and why this unusual strategy is the key to living life on your own terms) (25:47)
- How to quit people pleasing (29:04)
- The best life hack EVER! (32:34)
- His awesome take on gratitude (love this so much) (42:55)
- Plus so much more!
The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday
The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
Ryan Holiday’s Website
Conspiracy by Ryan Holiday
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
Books by Tim Ferriss
The Perfect Spouse Is the Best Life Hack No One Told You About by Ryan Holiday
How Your Daily Routine Can Turn Into Your Biggest Enemy by Ryan Holiday
To Everyone Who Asks For ‘Just A Little’ Of Your Time: Here’s What It Costs To Say Yes by Ryan Holiday
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I am very honored that you are here and would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (I read every single one). And if you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and on your social channels. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire more people together.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a soul sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.