When it comes to our health, it’s easy to overcomplicate things and get overwhelmed by all the stuff we think we *should* be doing. But today’s podcast guest, Dr. Frank Lipman MD, has a hugely refreshing message: we can chill out! Yep, instead of getting caught up in every new product or research finding, and trying to overhaul our lifestyle overnight, Dr. Lipman wants us to listen to our intuition, individualise our habits, and focus on small, sustainable changes… It’s a relaxed approach to wellness, but BOY does it achieve results.
Dr. Frank Lipman MD is a world-renowned leader in functional and integrative medicine, the author of 5 bestselling books, and the founder and director of Eleven Eleven Wellness Center in New York City. His clear, powerful advice on how to achieve true health has garnered him international acclaim, and seen him featured in the New York Times, Vogue, the Oprah Magazine, the TODAY show, The Dr. Oz Show, and plenty more.
There’s so much I love about Dr. Lipman’s approach to health, but my favourite thing is that he puts YOU squarely at the centre of your own wellness journey. There’s no preaching or “my way or the highway” stuff here… It’s all about unlocking your unique healing capacity, listening to your heart, and creating a lifestyle that works for you. #LoveIt
So if you’re keen as an (organic) bean to discover the antidote to modern illness, find out if “healthy” carbs are helping or hurting you, and feel REALLY FREAKING good again, download this episode immediately! This one’s for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- His unusual story and how he became a holistic doctor (04:59)
- The Good Medicine Mandala and how it can lead to glowing health (19:29)
- What are the ‘6 rings’ of wellness (and why do they matter so much?) (20:20)
- Is undiagnosed carb resistance keeping you tired and overweight? (22:43)
- How to prioritise sleep (24:42)
- Why fascia release is your new secret weapon for mobility, longevity, and energy (27:59)
- Why you need to be mindful of the chemicals in your food and products (30:27)
- How sound can help you heal (34:04)
- How to find your tribe (36:36)
- The 4 hugely common stumbling blocks that can stop you from experiencing epic health and happiness (39:51)
- Why you need to look after your microbiome and the importance of good gut health for your health and happiness (42:19)
- Plus so much more!
How to Be Well: The 6 Keys to a Happy and Healthy Life by Frank Lipman M.D.
The New Health Rules: Simple Changes to Achieve Whole-Body Wellness by Frank Lipman M.D.
Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness by Jon Kabat-Zinn
A Barefoot Doctor's Manual: The American Translation of the Official Chinese Paramedical Manual by Hu-Nan Chung I Yao Yen Chiu So
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Open Wide Video Masterclass
Open Wide and Mastering Your Mean Girl on audio
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.