Most of us know how important it is to work on our physical fitness… but how often do you work on your mental fitness? If, like most people, your answer is a sheepish “ummm, never!”, then you’re going to love the mega insights dropped by today’s podcast guest, Jim Kwik — an expert on the most important organ in your body (your brain) who’s here to help us ramp up our mind power and give ourselves a mental edge.
Jim Kwik is the founder of Kwik Learning and a widely recognized expert in speed-reading, memory improvement, brain performance, and accelerated learning. For over two decades, he has served as the brain coach to students, seniors, entrepreneurs, and educators, and as an advisor to many of the world’s leading CEOs and celebrities. He is regularly featured in media, including Forbes, HuffPost, Fast Company, Inc., and CNBC, as well starring in his signature online videos, totaling in excess of 100 million views.
Jim’s story is a fascinating one. After a childhood brain injury left him learning-challenged, he created strategies to dramatically enhance his mental performance. He has since dedicated his life to helping others unleash their true genius and build their brainpower to live a life of greater prosperity, productivity, and peace of mind.
So if you want to unlock your full mental potential, learn anything with remarkable speed, and discover the ideal morning routine to jumpstart your brain and win the day, then pop in those earbuds, baby — this episode is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- His story from being known as ‘the boy with the broken brain’ to where he is today (05:19)
- How’s his work saved someone’s life (08:41)
- How you can rebuild your brain — no matter what your circumstances (09:53)
- 10 ways to unlock your brain’s full potential (11:27)
- The 10 superfoods your brain needs to thrive (and they’re not what you think!) (13:19)
- One of the best brain hacks (24:22)
- How to speed read and the common mistakes people make when starting out (43:58)
- The epic morning routine that boosts his brainpower and sets him up for a successful day (60:17)
- The power of cold therapy (64:43)
- The daily thing you can do to expand your brain (67:22)
- The most important thing for productivity (72:30)
- Plus so much more!
- Kwik Learning (website)
- Kwik Brain Podcast (podcast)
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life by Daniel G. Amen M.D. (Amazon)
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck (Amazon)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (Amazon)
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl (Amazon)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (Amazon)
- Open Wide Video Masterclass (podcast)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.