Have you ever worried — like really worried — about what your life will look like post-kids? Don’t stress, it’s nothing to be ashamed of! Having kids is a boundless and beautiful step that transforms every area of your life forever. Which is why this week I’m thrilled to be chatting all things motherhood, pregnancy, rebirth, identity death and more to the magnificent Angela Gallo, an incredible doula who birthed a 6-figure empire with morals firmly grounded in pure love and feminine energy.
Angela is a true powerhouse of wisdom and positive feminine energy. In the last 5 years, she’s given birth twice (45 hours of labour anyone?), got married, worked through heartbreak, and followed her entrepreneurial spirit on a whirlwind ride to success. Through her work, she has witnessed the birth of countless babies while guiding mothers through challenging yet magnificent rebirths themselves. Her unique experience has given her a wealth of wisdom and inner strength to draw on in both her professional and personal life. As one of the few globally recognized doula’s she embodies values of sexuality and wealth in her life with electrifying success.
Her calling? To grab an outdated healthcare system by the hand and pull it forward in a way that celebrates positive feminism. This episode is all about unfiltered love for yourself, your family, and the journey of motherhood. So if you’re worried or even not sure about having a child, giving birth or how to rock your professional life after having a baby… this conversation is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- Angela’s story and how she got to where she is today working as a doula (07:52)
- Why birthing a child is also a rebirth for the mother (10:14)
- What a doula does (and why it’s so important) (14:44)
- The difference between a doula and a midwife (and how they work together to support you) (18:50)
- Why expecting parents should consider getting a doula (the extra support is so transformative) (24:55)
- The biggest lessons she learned after giving birth twice and witnessing countless births (so much wisdom and insight here!) (28:57)
- How to move through identity death when you step into motherhood (there’s such a powerful takeaway here) (36:11)
- Her top best books of all time (44:23)
- How she is working on herself by working within herself (46:59)
- Her epic morning routine that’ll get you ready to handle anything life throws your way (50:12)
- Her gratitude list and how she handles everyday stress (56:34)
- Plus so much more!
- Angela Gallo’s website (website)
- Angela’s List of Top 40 Books (pdf)
- Follow Angela on Instagram (Instagram)
- Follow Angela on Facebook. (Facebook)
- The Business of Being Born Documentary (website)
- Buddhism for Mothers by Sarah Napthali (Amazon)
- Parenting for Legends by Shannon Kelly White (book)
- Join the Melissa Ambrosini Tribe on Facebook (Facebook Group)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (Amazon)
- Open Wide Video Masterclass (podcast)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.
This episode is brought you by B-School which is an epic online business program created by my biz mentor Marie Forleo. Now B-School is only open once a year and that time is right now. I first did B-School in 2011 and it was the program that catapulted my business. It gave me all the tools I needed to launch my dream career. And for those of you who have never heard of Marie, she is a crazy-successful entrepreneur, author, and host of the award-winning show Marie TV and she has literally created the biz and life of her dreams. Marie knows her stuff about how to create a thriving business and life and even Oprah has called her “a thought leader for the next generation”…!)
Without doubt, Marie is one of the reasons that I am where I am today. It all started with her as my mentor many moons ago. So if you want your dream business, if you have an idea or a few ideas or if you want to take your already existing biz to the next level check out B-School and my epic bonuses you get when you sign up using my link. Click here to check it out and get your hands on my epic bonuses which are my biz bootcamp, my mastering your mean girl meditation and a live webinar with Nick and I where we will be taking you behind the scenes on all the inner workings of my biz. So click here to get all the info.