How do you go on living when your whole world is thrown upside down? Today’s guest, Turia Pitt — one of the most admired people on the planet — knows what it’s like to go up against extraordinary odds and not only survive, but THRIVE. And in today’s podcast, this phenomenal woman is sharing the mindset strategies and soul lessons we can ALL use to tap into our inner courage, activate our full potential, and do amazing things with our lives…
Turia Pitt is living proof that, with the right mindset, anything is possible. Caught in a grassfire while competing in a 100km ultramarathon in 2011, Turia suffered full-thickness burns to 65% of her body. But surviving is the least of her achievements. One of Australia’s most admired and widely recognised people, Turia has gone on to become a bestselling author, two-time Ironman and humanitarian – raising well over a million dollars for not-for-profit Interplast. Through her online presence, books and online programs, Turia has inspired millions to live with more confidence, drop their fears and smash epic goals.
I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever had more goosebumps than I did in this interview. Turia’s grace, determination and inner steel are incredible to witness, and I walked away from this conversation feeling like absolutely ANYTHING is possible. (And spoiler alert: it is!)
So if you want to inject a shot of rocket-fuel into your dreams, learn how to reframe challenges in your life, and discover the mindset hacks of one of the most inspirational people on the planet, then pop in those earbuds and press play IMMEDIATELY… this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- How breaking down your goals can help you feel less overwhelmed (05:37)
- The tools Turia used to prevent herself from giving up (08:42)
- Why it’s essential to celebrate your achievements — even the ‘small’ ones! (11:02)
- How kindness and empathy will help you deal with your inner Mean Girl (15:27)
- Her advice to anyone who is struggling and going through a challenge (17:31)
- Turia’s insights on motherhood and how it’s changed her (20:41)
- The best way to connect with likeminded people and find your tribe (22:20)
- The unusual thing she attributes her success to (32:55)
- What brings her the most joy at the moment (34:25)
- Why self-improvement is not a 24/7 task (LOVE her insights here) (35:21)
- The importance of play and how it can explode your productivity (40:18)
- Plus so much more!
- Good Selfie by Turia Pitt (Amazon)
- Everything to Live For by Turia Pitt (Amazon)
- Unmasked by Turia Pitt (Amazon)
- The Map that Changed the World by Simon Winchester (Amazon)
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent (Amazon)
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape (Amazon)
- Turia’s Instagram (Instagram)
- Turia’s weekly newsletter (website)
- Listen to “Breathe” by Nick Broadhurst (music)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.