(Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart or TuneIn)
When you’ve gone through something awful in life — one of those real sucker-punch moments that nearly knocks you over — and you’re finally out the other side, what comes next?
To answer this deep, life-altering question, I’m joined by Dr Neeta Bhushan, a former cosmetic dentist turned emotional health advocate, podcast host and best-selling author.
Tune in to hear Neeta’s unique and empowering insights on normalizing the messy moments in life, how to find joy in amongst the chaos, a surprising framework for dealing with grief, the transformative power of living with intention, practical tips for having uncomfortable conversations (even if you’re full of fear), tiny ways to triumph when everything feels sucky, and how to practice exquisite self-care during challenging times.
Whether you’re dealing with heartbreak, loss, the passing of a loved one (or 3, like Neeta), or any other form of setback or disappointment, you’re going to find so many moments of pure gold in this incredible conversation.
About Dr Neeta Bushan
Dr. Neeta Bhushan is a world-renowned emotional health advocate and expert in the areas of grit and resilience. She has shared her thought leadership on international stages (including the Women’s Economic Forum in India, Google HQ, Mindvalley Afest, Evercoach XP Experience & Mindvalley University), as host of her popular podcast (The Brave Table) and in best-selling books (such as, Emotional GRIT: 8 Steps to Master Your Emotions, Transform Your Thoughts, and Change Your World). Neeta’s been featured on Forbes, Entrepreneur, NBC, Verve, Tatler Magazine and more.
Dr. Neeta sold her large million-dollar cosmetic dentistry practice helping people transform smiles to spark inner greatness. As part of her own journey to becoming a leader in her field and a voice for immigrant women and women of color, she traveled across 45 countries researching human behavior, ancient eastern philosophy and therapeutic psychology. She pooled that learning along with other challenging life experiences (which include being orphaned at a young age, surviving an abusive marriage, and extensive loss) to found several institutes, including the Global GRIT Institute, a wellness education platform for optimizing emotional wellbeing for entrepreneurs.
Dr. Neeta lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and two children. Her book, That Sucked. Now What? How To Embrace The Joy In Chaos And Find Magic In The Mess, is out now.
In this episode we chat about:
- Neeta’s incredible story of triumph and transformation after experiencing huge adversity (05:00)
- How to continue flying forward when your whole life feels like it’s falling apart (10:38)
- A holistic framework for dealing with and processing grief (17:50)
- The #1 thing that will get you through tough times (I can personally vouch for this!) (25:30)
- What happens next? Planning your next steps after life throws you a mega curveball (36:15)
- Practical tips for having uncomfortable conversations (44:13)
- The art of creating space for new opportunities (50:04)
- How living with intention can change the course of your life (54:17)
- How to stay on your game when the Universe serves you a setback (58:10)
- How to practice extreme self-care (1:05:31)
- Why it’s so crucial to celebrate even the tiniest wins (1:09:07)
- That sucked. Now what? By Dr. Neeta Bushan (Book)
- Dr. Neeta Bushan (Website)
- The Dharma Coaching Institute (Website)
- Global Grit Institute (Website)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.
show Comments /
- Hide Comments