Despite all our advances in science, medicine and healthcare, chronic diseases are on the rise, and are affecting us — and our children — in epidemic proportions... So what the heck is making us so sick? Today’s podcast guest, Michelle Perro MD, has a powerful — and scary — answer to this question: it’s the food we eat. In today’s episode, Dr Perro connects the dots between what we put in our mouth (including the stuff we don’t even *realise* we’re eating) and our health. And BOY does she have some insights that will blow your mind...
Dr Michelle Perro, MD, is a veteran pediatrician, having been in clinical practice for 37 years. A little over a decade ago, Dr Perro’s personal journey led her to expand her focus to include pesticide and health advocacy. She’s since become a fierce advocate concerning the harmful role of GMO ‘food’ and pesticides on our health — and particularly their enormous impact on our kids.
Dr Perro drops so many truthbombs in this episode, I felt the need to grab a pen and notepad! Drawing on her clinical experience, medical research and the latest scientific findings, she paints a worrying picture of toxins sneaking into our bodies without us even knowing, and an industry more concerned with profit than health… but rest assured, there *is* hope, and she’s on a mission to help us ALL achieve true, feel-it-in-your-bones wellness.
So if you want to learn the truth about what’s hiding on your plate, uncover the frightening links between the food industry and the explosion in chronic disease, and figure out — once and for all — what (the frick!) you should eat to get and stay healthy, this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- What it’s really like having a sick child, and the health discovery that led to where she is today (08:18)
- The types of disease and disorders that are rapidly becoming commonplace (and how to avoid them) (11:09)
- What is making us so sick? (13:34)
- The so-called “foods” you must avoid at all costs if you value your health (16:27)
- Does eating organic really make that much difference? (20:02)
- Why the tampons you use matter (essential listening for all women!) (20:54)
- Why you need to think before you eat out (23:22)
- Her shocking findings whilst researching her book (28:42)
- Why the science of GM food safety has become so controversial and confusing (and how to cut through the noise) (32:35)
- The importance of your gut microbiome for optimum health (39:52)
- How to get well and thrive (46:05)
- How to reclaim your health and get your energy back (48:41)
- Plus so much more!
What's Making Our Children Sick? by Dr. Michelle Perro
Seeds of Deception by Jeffrey M. Smith
GMO Myths and Truths by Claire Robinson Mphil, Michael Antoniou PhD, and John Fagan PhD
Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
Multiomics reveal non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in rats following chronic exposure to an ultra-low dose of Roundup herbicide by Robin Mesnage, George Renney, Gilles-Eric Séralini, Malcolm Ward & Michael N. Antoniou
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Today’s podcast is brought to you by the brand new Certification program created by my health guru and one of my all-time favourite humans on the planet, Dr. Stephen Cabral (Naturopathic Doctor, Functional Medicine Practitioner and Ayurvedic Expert). This is a program like no other — it literally *saved* my husband’s life, and changed mine forever. With a powerhouse combo of ancient Ayurvedic wisdom and cutting-edge science, this program is for anyone who wants to create epic health and next level healing for themselves and their family, or for anyone who wants a career in the health industry. Click here to get all the details and take control of your health and future today.