When I got married I made a deep commitment to doing the inner work so that I could show up as the best version of myself possible not only for me but for my love too. But keeping that dedication to your relationship takes work. That’s why I’m so excited to introduce you to Buddhist author and teacher Susan Piver. Using the Four Noble Truths of relationships, her powerful wisdom is life-changing. It will deepen your connection and love, help you move through hard times, and support your relationships so that they can grow and thrive in a way they never have before.
Susan is a practicing Buddhist, Buddhist teacher, and author of 9 bestselling books including the award-winning The Wisdom of a Broken Heart and Start Here Now: An Open-Hearted Guide to the Path and Practice of Meditation. In 2011, she launched the Open Heart Project, an online mindfulness and meditation community that helps move the world towards peace, kindness, decency, and sanity. Her latest book, Four Noble Truths of Love: Buddhist Wisdom for Modern Relationships applies Buddhist teachings to modern relationships in a way that’s never been done before (there are some serious ‘aha’ moments in there!). She’s known for the incredible way she translates ancient Buddhist teachings to modern life, helping people grow in self-compassion, love, and deep connection.
So, if you want to learn the Four Noble Truths about relationships (and I seriously suggest you do!), how they can evolve your relationship to the next level, and how to grow in self-compassion, love and connection, then pop in those earbuds beautiful…. this episode is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- Her story and how she got to where she is today (07:05)
- Why it's so hard to make a relationship work (and last) (11:45)
- The hardest, most powerful questions you need to ask yourself before you get married (16:08)
- What are the Four Noble Truths about relationships (20:39)
- The 4 most powerful relationship qualities to cultivate if you want a happy, lasting relationship (33:20)
- The first place to start if you are going through a challenging time in your relationship (46:41)
- The one book she would put in the school curriculum (51:13)
- Her morning routine (52:48)
- My morning routine (56:44)
- What is CCC? And how it can help keep your relationships healthy even when things feel challenging (62:08)
- Her top tip for health, wealth and long-lasting love (63:12)
- Plus so much more!
The Four Noble Truths of Love by Susan Piver
The Hard Questions: 100 Essential Questions to Ask Before You Say "I Do" by Susan Piver
The Open Heart Project
Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior by Chogyam Trungpa
Join the Melissa Ambrosini Tribe on Facebook
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Open Wide Video Masterclass
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.