Forbes magazine called her “the internet’s undisputed fitness queen”. So when Kayla Itsines decides to sit down and share her best techniques for transforming your body — as well as her personal stories about mindset, manifesting, and turning a “small” idea into a multi-million dollar global phenomenon — you can bet the ‘aha’ moments (as well as the ‘Holy crap, why didn’t I think of that?!’ moments) are going to flow like crazy… which is exactly what happened when I interviewed her for today’s podcast episode.
A world class personal trainer responsible for changing millions of lives, Kayla has created the world's largest and most supportive online female fitness community. Through her successful BBG and BBG Stronger Workouts and Eating Guides — all hosted in the fitness app, SWEAT — Kayla reaches a growing online global community of 30+ million women, with her programs available in more than 142 countries and in 8 different languages.
Before sitting down for this convo, I was geared up to hear Kayla’s amazing insights on health and fitness — after all, you don’t get to where she is without amassing some crazy hacks and techniques. (And let me tell you, she did not disappoint…)
But what I DIDN’T expect to be so blown away by was her take on the mental game — the mindsets and attitudes that keep her performing at her peak, kicking goals, and staying grounded amid her schedule. She even shared her personal battles with her Mean Girl (yep, the Queen of Insty has an inner critic too!).
This episode is going to blow your mind, and blast your expectations out of the water. If you want the REAL secrets behind her success, the TRUTH about creating healthy habits that stick (without the BS), and an inner glimpse into a global empire that’s changing lives around the clock… you do not want to miss this chat.
In this episode we chat about:
- The truth behind the myth: how Kayla got to where she is today (04:22)
- How to start a million dollar business (and why anyone can do it) (04:58)
- The unique approach she used to build her global empire (06:49)
- How she masters her inner Mean Girl daily (08:18)
- The self-talk that sometimes keeps her stuck (and what she does about it) (09:24)
- How to create healthy habits that actually stick (13:10)
- Kayla’s secret for staying motivated, even when life gets tough (16:13)
- Why she doesn't drink alcohol (19:19)
- The mantra that keeps her aligned and on track (24:32)
- How she moves through overwhelm, stress, and feeling flat or uninspired (25:18)
- Her unusual secret to health and happiness that we should all be embracing (27:26)
- The power of accountability for keeping you fit and healthy, and how to use this tool in your own life (28:16)
- How she uses boundaries to protect her energy and achieve her goals (29:24)
- What she attributes her success to (31:48)
- Plus so much more!
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Kayla Itsines on Instagram
A Girl Like Her Documentary
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
The Bikini Body 28-Day Healthy Eating & Lifestyle Guide by Kayla Itsines
The Bikini Body Motivation & Habits Guide by Kayla Itsines
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I am very honored that you are here and would love to hear your thoughts on the show, so please leave me a comment below (I read every single one). And if you loved this episode, please share it with someone you know will benefit, and on your social channels. You can also leave a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified practitioner before starting any new health practice.