Chances are your childhood may not have been all rainbows and butterflies. Mine wasn’t! In fact one of my childhood stories I told myself landed me in the hospital (repeatedly) because I believed I was only worthy of love and attention when I was sick. It wasn’t good for me OR my family. That’s why I’m so excited to introduce you to the wisdom of Ira Israel. He’s here to teach us how to overcome harmful and repetitive childhood stories and cultivate a life bursting with happiness and contentment.
A best-selling author and counsellor, Ira is committed to helping people get radiant happiness and build deep connections. He holds graduate degrees in psychology, philosophy and religious studies, and is a licensed professional clinical counselor, marriage and family therapist and mindful relationship coach. His book How To Survive Your Childhood Now That You’re an Adult: A Path to Authenticity and Awakening, guides readers through a healing journey that addresses their most painful childhood scars and repetitive negative stories that are holding you back. Acclaimed by hundreds, Ira has helped people stop obsessing over their pain and start creating authentic relationships. His video series (among others) A Beginner's Guide to Happiness, teaches people how to create new stories that transcend the old ones in order to cultivate authentic compassion and a life beyond your wildest dreams.
If you want to find out which childhood behaviors are sabotaging your success, wellness and happiness, and learn how to switch gears to a new path, plus how to cultivate authentic and epic relationship then sit back and hit play… because this episode is for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- His story and the dramatic accident that led him to embark on the path of philosophy, spirituality and psychology (05:26)
- Why you need to let go of the limiting stories from your childhood that are holding you back from happiness and contentment (this was a biggie for me!) (09:51)
- How attachment to the past stops you from creating authentic, deep and rich relationships (12:57)
- Why presence and congruence are key to authenticity and his tools to overcoming pressure and anxiety (17:13)
- The first step you need to take to foster authentic relationships with everyone around you (18:47)
- Why you never completely heal your emotional wounds and how to accept yourself scars and all (this is such a beautiful way of looking at old traumas) (24:41)
- How to re-enrol the people around you into the new, more positive stories you want to create and live out (34:05)
- Plus so much more!
Get in touch with email@example.com
Free PDF Download of How to Survive Your Childhood Now That You’re an Adult by Ira Israel
How to Survive Your Childhood Now That You’re an Adult by Ira Israel
Video series by Ira Israel
Books by Jacques Lacan
Books by Alan Watts
Tony Robbins - 30 years of stuttering, cured in 7 minutes!
Kids These Days: Human Capital and the Making of Millennials by Malcolm Harris
Join the Melissa Ambrosini Tribe on Facebook
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Open Wide Video Masterclass
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.