How awesome would it be if you didn’t have to yell at your kids, like, ever? How great would it be if you could kick bad habits and make your household happier and healthier? How epic would it be if you didn’t have to ask your children to do things a million times and they actually cooperated? This IS possible my friend, which is why I’m so pumped to introduce you to parenting expert Amy McCready who’s going to teach us how to parent like a pro! And most importantly, stop yelling, and start enjoying the precious time we have with our kids.
Amy is the founder of Positive Parenting Solutions (PPS). She’s developed a world-class online course that teaches parents how to take back control of their house, break stressful cycles, and raise happy and healthy kids without being ‘The Mean Mom’. She’s the author of two best-selling parenting books; If I Have to Tell You One More Time and The Me, Me, Me Epidemic, and is regularly featured on the TODAY Show (both in the USA and in Australia) plus many more. Her powerful wisdom has helped thousands of families live calmer and happier lives.
This episode is packed with relatable and easy to implement lessons that’ll teach you the exact steps you need to take your family life to the next level.
So, if you want to learn how raise grateful and capable kids, how to teach them valuable life lessons whilst still having fun, pop in those earphones… this one’s for you!
In this episode we chat about:
- Her story from working in corporate America to becoming a parenting expert (07:06)
- Why are kids more entitled today? (11:51)
- What are the ‘overs’ and how can you use them? (14:04)
- Why you DO need to give your children what they are actually entitled to (this is awesome) (15:21)
- How to create capable and grateful children in an over-entitled world (20:25)
- The ‘When Then’ routine and how to apply it to teach kids valuable life skills (21:33)
- Why you don't want to call them ‘chores’ and ‘homework’ and what to use instead (22:35)
- What is the ‘Time For Training’ technique and how to apply it (24:05)
- How to train kids to be financially fit (27:48)
- What is the ‘No Rescue’ policy? (31:52)
- What is ‘Convince Me?’ and how you can use it? (37:22)
- What are your children's basic needs? (40:25)
- How to invite co-operation into your home and family life (43:03)
- How to invite kids into the decision-making process so their core desires of respect are being met (something that really made a difference with Leo) (43:57)
- How to stop asking your kids to do things a million times (45:44)
- Why we don't reward Leo with sweets or money and what we do instead (47:35)
- How to make parenting fun (because it really should be!) (59:11)
- The power of a family meeting (60:25)
- Her epic morning routine that gets the family energized for the day (63:21)
- Plus so much more!
Positive Parenting Solutions
The Me, Me, Me Epidemic: A Step-by-Step Guide to Raising Capable, Grateful Kids in an Over-Entitled World by Amy McCready
If I Have to Tell You One More Time… by Amy McCready
The Barefoot Investor for Families
Love Language Profile for Children
Join the Melissa Ambrosini Tribe on Facebook
Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini
Open Wide Video Masterclass
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email email@example.com for more information.