(Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart or TuneIn)
Do you dream of impacting millions with your message?
Want to stop being the best-kept secret in your industry?
And would you LOVE to know how to become a media darling, so that you can score free publicity, make fantastic connections, and generate buzz around all your projects?
Here to walk us through the exact strategies of building your profile, impact and audience, is the remarkable Selena Soo — a marketing genius and publicity strategist who helps her clients become industry leaders.
Tune in to learn how to finally get comfortable in the spotlight, why getting vulnerable is a superpower, the secret to getting publicity without spending a dime, how to get featured on top media outlets and influencer platforms, and the crucial importance of building authentic relationships.
Selena also bravely shares the story of how she found herself in an abusive relationship — including how it finally clicked for her that something was wrong, how she got out, and the terrifying but liberating experience of publishing her story.
(Please note: there are discussions about abuse and coercive control in this episode. If those topics are difficult for you, please listen to your heart and proceed with care.)
About Selena Soo
Selena Soo is a publicity and marketing strategist for visionary entrepreneurs, experts, and authors who want to reach millions with their message.
She’s helped clients and students get featured in places like O, The Oprah Magazine, Forbes, and Inc., and land interviews on popular podcasts and national TV. Many of Selena’s clients have become industry leaders with 6 and 7-figure businesses, raving fan bases, and hundreds of thousands of followers.
Her signature approach comes down to building powerful and long-lasting relationships with influencers and the media in a thoughtful, authentic way.
A former New Yorker, Selena now lives in beautiful Puerto Rico.
In this episode we chat about:
- How Selena became the go-to publicity powerhouse for entrepreneurs and creatives (3:57)
- Why publicity is so important if you want your business to reach its full potential (6:51)
- 4 key steps to help you get comfortable in the spotlight (8:05)
- How to generate valuable publicity for your business — without spending a dime (14:03)
- The little-known secret to successfully approaching someone for publicity (16:09)
- Why it’s so crucial to share your authentic message (and how to move through the fear of vulnerability) (18:18)
- How opening your heart to your audience can build lasting and loyal connections (20:10)
- The story of Selena’s abusive relationship, plus: how to know if you are in an abusive relationship and how to get out of it (29:59)
- The power of speaking your truth in all areas of your life (36:17)
- Mastering Your Mean Girl (book)
- Open Wide (book)
- Comparisonitis (book)
- Join the Wholy Mama Waitlist here
- Get your free publicity calendar here
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown (book)
- Voxer (website)
- Read Selena’s Abusive Relationship Story here
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honoured that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
show Comments /
- Hide Comments