What is the key to end suffering? How can you stop feeling guilt? Is it possible to end the war with your inner critic? How?
To help me answer all these questions and more, I’m joined by world renowned spiritual teacher Byron Katie. After 10 years of self-loathing and depression so was able to pull herself out of the drakness and live her dream life. Her secret? Questioning her feelings and not believing her thoughts.
Since then, Byron Katie has dedicated her life to teaching people what she calls ‘The Work’ — a powerful yet simple process of self-inquiry — that has helped millions of people for more than thirty years.
In this deep and meaningful conversation, she shares with us her process and the four powerful questions that will change your life forever. Once you start ‘The Work’ you realize that having those negative thoughts doesn’t necessarily make them true. You will also learn how to master your inner critic, let go of fear, expectations, guilt, resentment and anger, plus so much more. If you want to take control of your mind and life, and believe the life you truly desire into reality, press play, you are going to love this episode.
About Byron Katie
Byron Katie is the creator of ‘The Work’, an internal process that consists of four questions and the turnaround, which is a way of experiencing the opposite of what your mind tells you. She is also a speaker and a bestseller author. Some of her books include “Loving What Is”, “I Need Your Love—Is That True?,” “A Thousand Names for Joy,” and “A Mind at Home with Itself.”
In this episode we chat about:
- How she went from a 10 year battle with depression to a world renowned spiritual teacher (3:46)
- How to master your inner critic (6:14)
- What is ‘The Work’ and her four powerful questions that will master your mind and change your life (9:13)
- The key to ending parent guilt and how to let go of negative throughts (20:35)
- How to be in a relationship (without expectations) and how believe your dream life into reality (25:34)
- How to end the war with your inner critic and how to transform your realtipnship with it (31:34)
- How she deals with her inner critic today (34:28)
- How to be a more present parent (39:33)
- Mastering your Mean Girl (book)
- Open Wide (book)
- Comparisonitis (book)
- Loving What Is By Byron Katie (book)
- I Need Your Love —Is that True? By Byron Katie (book)
- A Thousand Names for Joy By Byron Katie (book)
- A Mind at Home With Itself By Byron Katie (book)
- The Work worksheet (worksheet)
- Byron Katie (website)
- Strategic Coach | Dan Sullivan (website)
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be SO grateful if you could leave me a review on Apple podcasts, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
Introducing The Melissa Ambrosini Show+
Did you know you can get ad-free listening, a bonus up close and personal pump-you-up weekly motivational episode with me, and a bonus Q&A episode with Nick and me where we answer your burning questions? You can join…
- Zen+ to get totally ad-free listening.
- Motivate+ to get ad-free listening and a weekly exclusive motivational episode that includes a deep dive into what’s going on in my personal life, businesses, my favorite new discoveries, health and life hacks and so much more.
- VIP+ to get ad-free listening, as well as everything in Motivate+, and an intimate monthly Q&A episode where Nick and I answer all your burning questions on ANYTHING. it’s a private space so no holds barred here my friend!
Choosing your membership takes 30 seconds, costs less than a green juice per month, and you can listen on your favorite podcast app!