What if you could revolutionise your life, work and relationships with mindfulness and meditation? Well my friends… you CAN and Dr Daniel Goleman is here to show us how.
I’m a massive fan of meditation as it has truly changed all facets of my life, which is why I absolutely LOVED chatting with Daniel. Known for his worldwide bestseller, Emotional Intelligence, Daniel is a long time meditator and even spent two years in exotic India studying the ancient systems of psychology and various meditation practices. Based on this research, he penned his first book The Meditative Mind: The Varieties of Meditative Experience which offers an overview of various meditation paths. He talks us through his journey and all the nuggets of wisdom he has learnt along the way, along with sharing the most profound meditation techniques that he has tried and his incredible top tips for anyone starting out. Together, we take you through a powerful meditation that you cannot miss, whether you’re a newbie or well-practiced meditator.
Hit play and settle in with today’s podcast magic to find out how a meditation practice can transform your mind, body and brain, his biggest takeaways from the Dalai Lama himself, and the additions you NEED to add to take your meditation practice to the next level. Plug your headphones and get ready for some serious transformation.
In this episode we chat about:
- His meditation story and how he got to where he is today (07:19)
- The most profound meditation techniques he has tried (10:54)
- How meditation changes your mind, brain and body (12:18)
- Why meditation is imperative for stress reduction (17:15)
- The additions to take your meditation to the next level (18:54)
- The top 3 tips for first time meditator (20:55)
- A powerful meditation we do together (21:59)
- How to inspire, mentor and teach our children (23:28)
- Plus so much more!
- Emotional Intelligence by Dr Daniel Goleman (Amazon)
- Altered Traits by Dr Daniel Goleman and Richard Davidson (Amazon)
- The Meditative Mind: The Varieties of Meditative Experience by Dr Daniel Goleman (Amazon)
- A Force for Good by Dr Daniel Goleman (Amazon)
- Emotional Alchemy by Tara Bennett-Goleman (Amazon)
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl (Amazon)
- Join the Melissa Ambrosini Tribe on Facebook (Facebook Group)
- Open Wide by Melissa Ambrosini (Amazon)
- Open Wide Video Masterclass (podcast)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.
This episode is brought to you by Dear Universe – the brand spanking new book from the beautiful Sarah Prout. This book is your sacred invitation to call upon the energy of The Universe to rise above fear, embrace love and remember your innate superpowers. Click here to get a copy of this epic book.