Is fear controlling your life? Your relationships? Even what you eat? Today’s podcast guest, Monica Berg says that if we can overcome fear, we can overcome anything — even a broken relationship or an eating disorder like she has. And in this episode, she’s sharing the life-changing strategies that will help you transform your fear so you can step even closer to your ideal life.
Monica Berg is a self-professed change junkie, who likes to challenge the way people think about EVERYTHING. She is the author of two books — Fear Is Not An Option, where she guides readers to eradicate fear from their lives, and Rethink Love, where she uses years of personal experience teaching and counseling to eradicate false belief systems around love and relationships.
During her teen years, Monica developed an eating disorder that grew into a five-year battle with anorexia and body dysmorphia. With her recovery came a better understanding of the disease and a passion to help others.
However, it wasn’t until her second child was born that Monica had to reevaluate her own belief system. Her son, Joshua, was diagnosed with Down Syndrome shortly after his birth, which was life changing for Monica and her family. The diagnosis led to Monica’s credo, “In change, there is great power,” and the choice to believe in the beauty and potential of who her son could become and subsequently who she could become.
So if you want to stop being controlled by fear, learn how to overcome challenges (including how to heal an eating disorder and how to strengthen your relationship when things are tough), and create a life that aligns with your deepest desires, then pop in those earbuds… this episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- How she discovered her life’s purpose (06:19)
- How she transformed her pain and longing to serve others (07:48)
- Her inspiring journey of overcoming an eating disorder and learning to love herself again (11:15)
- How to teach your children to be fearless and love themselves (a must-listen for every parent) (18:01)
- How to stop white-knuckling your way through life, release your need for control, and allow space for flexibility (19:54)
- Why our uncertainty and discomfort can be a gateway to greatness (23:34)
- The hidden language of your emotions and what they reveal about your personal growth (26:40)
- How to nurture and improve your relationships (spoiler alert: it all starts within ourselves) (29:12)
- Her tried and true strategies for a successful relationship that can thrive through anything (32:32)
- What she’s working on within herself at the moment (36:27)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.