There’s a universal wound that ALL women carry, that’s handed down from generation to generation, and that’s caused us to lose touch with our innate feminine power to love, nourish and heal.
It’s called the Mother Wound, and today’s guest, Maya Tiwari, is here to help us learn about this inherited pain so that we can experience divine healing, reconnect with our inner goddess, and turn our suffering into joy.
Maya Tiwari is an Ayurveda pioneer, scholar and best-selling author, who established the first Ayurvedic school in North America in 1981. She is the founder of the Mother Om Mission (MOM), a charitable organization in New York that works with at-risk communities to transform disease and despair into wellness and joy. Known across the world as Mother Maya, she has personally helped thousands of women to heal from devastating disorders. Maya is a regular speaker and contributor at the Parliament of the World Religions and other Inter-faith conferences worldwide, and is a recipient of the Dhanvantari Award and AAPNA’s Rishi Award for her outstanding work in Ayurvedic medicine.
I was blown away by Maya’s insights into how the Mother Wound can lead to conflict in so many areas of our life — not only with our own mothers and daughters, but also with Mother Nature and in our relationships with other women. It’s amazing how inherited pain can have such a big impact on our lives… and how quickly you can heal it when you know how.
So if you want to learn how to overcome your ancestral wounds, experience profound healing, and reclaim your divine feminine power, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Her amazing 5 year odyssey of healing from terminal cancer (09:19)
- The one, special person in your life that will help you overcome suffering (and the sneaky thoughts that could be sabotaging your healing) (14:07)
- The universal wound that ALL women carry (17:00)
- How to stop competing and redefine your relationships with the women in your life (23:50)
- How to declutter your inner space for instant calm and clarity (27:19)
- The importance of doing your soul-work to activate deep layers of healing (absolutely LOVE her perspective here) (34:55)
- The small actions we can take to awaken our “shakti” and improve our karma (38:58)
- Plus so much more!
- The Path of Practice by Maya Tiwari (Amazon)
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman (Amazon)
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda (Amazon)
- Wise Earth School of Ayurveda (website)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.