What are the ‘insider secrets’ that only doulas know about giving birth? And what hints, tips and strategies do doulas wish every woman knew?
Today on the podcast, celebrity doula Latham Thomas is here to reveal all about how a doula can help you create an intentional and sacred birth experience, how doulas can help you in ALL kinds of transitions (yep, not just birth!), and why women need to start mothering themselves if they want to live their best life. It’s a fascinating insight into an industry that’s been supporting and empowering women for millennia, and let me warn you — it might just flip all your expectations and beliefs about childbirth upside down!
Latham Thomas is a Celebrity Doula, Maternity Wellness Expert, member of Oprah Winfrey’s Super Soul 100, and author of Own Your Glow: A Soulful Guide to Luminous Living and Crowning the Queen. Latham supports women in embracing optimal wellness, practicing radical self-care, and using spiritual growth as a pathway to empowerment. As the founder of Mama Glow, she helps women and families at every stage of the pregnancy journey, from pre-conception right through to postpartum care.
I absolutely adored this conversation. Latham is whip-smart, has a fascinating backstory, and has been one of the key figures responsible for transforming the birthing scene and changing the way women journey through childbirth and rise up into their role as mothers. (It’s no wonder she counts celebrities like Alicia Keys and Venus and Serena Williams as fans!)
So if you want to hear the ‘trade secrets’ of a birthing expert, discover how to become a doula yourself, and learn the crucial ingredients for deep self-care, then pop in those earbuds… this one’s for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Her extraordinary journey of rising up against the odds to become a doula (03:37)
- How a doula can help you create a nourishing, magical birth experience (10:47)
- Why you might benefit from a doula in other periods of your life (not just childbirth) (17:25)
- Want to become a doula yourself? Here are Latham’s best tips (including how to do it at your own pace) (22:36)
- How to stop people-pleasing (even if you’ve been doing it for decades) and why women need to start mothering themselves first (25:35)
- What true self-care feels like and the master key that will help you achieve it (28:43)
- Her unconventional definition of success (and how it’s helped her find fulfillment) (33:51)
- Plus so much more!
Thank you so much for listening. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could leave me a review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire and educate even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.