Do you sometimes worry that the big, beautiful goal you dream of might not even be possible?! Today’s podcast guest, Elliott Bisnow, knows a thing or two about turning impossible dreams into inevitabilities. And in this episode, he’s sharing his whip-smart advice on how to follow through on your vision, stay the course, and bring your big idea to life.
Elliott Bisnow is the founder of the Summit Group, an organization best known for hosting global flagship events that unite the leaders of today and tomorrow, and feature icons like Jeff Bezos, Richard Branson, Shonda Rhimes, Jessica Alba, Reed Hastings, Brené Brown and Al Gore.
He is a renowned startup investor, having made almost 50 early-stage investments, in companies like Uber, Warby Parker, Allbirds, Coinbase, ClassPass and more. At 20 years old, Bisnow started his first venture, with his dad Mark, out of his college dorm room. Over the next decade, they grew the business into the largest commercial real estate media company in the world and it was acquired in 2016 for $50M.
Elliot is the co-owner of America’s largest ski resort, Powder Mountain, where he and his co-founders are building a mountaintop town filled with self-development events and programming 365 days a year (sounds epic, right?!). He has been featured in The New York Times, Wallstreet Journal, The Economist, Bloomberg Business Week, Time Magazine and Fast Company.
This is the kind of conversation that’s guaranteed to light a fire under your tush. So if you want to find out how to think big and achieve even bigger, create life-changing events for your tribe, connect with thought leaders and visionaries, and turn your impossible dream into your daily reality, then buckle up… this inspiring episode is for you.
In this episode we chat about:
- Elliot’s story and how his life plan changed significantly during college (05:51)
- How Elliot got started as an entrepreneur without any steps or examples to follow (08:24)
- Why you don’t need a “big idea” to be an entrepreneur (10:59)
- How Elliot brought Summit Series to life (14:10)
- How to get the numbers of potential high-level people (17:33)
- The importance of teaming up and culture-building (18:42)
- How to organize impactful and life-changing events (22:01)
- How being unique and staying true to yourself can result in a great event (25:06)
- The importance of high cool and low cost (28:19)
- The importance of building foundation and momentum (31:35)
- How to nurture your relationships and connect with people (36:09)
- Why Elliot embraces and celebrates being different (41:34)
- What he attributes his success to (44:23)
- Summit Group (website)
- Powder Mountain (website)
- The Third Door by Alex Banayan (Amazon)
- Crack The Code Of The World’s Most Successful People With Alex Banayan (podcast episode)
- Follow me on Instagram (Instagram)
Thank you so much for listening to this episode. I’m so honored that you’re here and would be so grateful if you could take 2 minutes to leave me a 5-star review in iTunes or on your podcast app, that way we can inspire even more people together.
P.S. Please seek advice from a qualified holistic practitioner before starting any new health practice.
P.P.S. If you’re looking for a high-impact marketing opportunity for your business and are interested in becoming a sponsor for The Melissa Ambrosini Show podcast, please email [email protected] for more information.